How do I use Mac App version of 1password on two computers with different apple accounts

Options
mlyman
mlyman
Community Member

I have version 5 of 1password for Mac (Yosemite) that I downloaded from the Mac App Store and paid for, I want to use it with my work computer, which uses a different apple account? Appreciate the guidance on the best way to do so, I started to use the Agile Bits version on the work computer and didn't realize it was a trial version, so also need to migrate data if possible.

Appreciate help.

Comments

• Plato
    Plato
    Community Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

@mlyman

I suspect that you're violating Apple's terms of sale if you attempt to use the app on machines associated with different Apple IDs. You purchased 1P for use on all of your Macs and your employer should purchase 1P for the machine that they own.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mlyman ,

All Mac App Store purchases are tied to your AppleID, so you will need to sign out of the Mac App Store on your work computer and then sign in with your personal AppleID. Switching AppleIDs is not against Apple's policies, but keep in mind you will need to sign in to the Mac App Store with your personal AppleID each time there is a 1Password update available.

I hope this helps, but if you have further questions, we're here for you!

• mlyman
    mlyman
    Community Member
    Options

Excellent, Thanks

Any suggestions on updating existing data from trial so I don't have to re load

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mlyman,

When you open the Mac App Store version of 1Password 5 on your work Mac, it should find your existing data from the version you downloaded from our website. You can find a bit of additional information about that here: Switching to the version of 1Password from the Mac App Store

Hopefully that helps, but if you have more questions or need help with that, just let us know! :)

• mlyman
    mlyman
    Community Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

thanks for all of your help

• Let us know if you have any additional questions, @mlyman.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.