1Pass 5 will not open after update.

Options
wfarb
wfarb
Community Member

Have been using 1Pass5 for a long time. OS 10. 10.3 on MacBook Pro. I can no longer open 1Pass and receive the following message that essentially says to check with developer make sure operating system version is compatible : https://www.dropbox.com/s/67y0046xvd1vyml/Screenshot 2015-04-21 14.12.55.png?dl=. What do I need to do to open 1Pass?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Please try this:

1. Drag the 1P app to the trash (don't use any app cleaner tool, which is likely to try to delete files you need to keep).
    2. Empty the trash and reboot.
    3. Re-download and re-install 1P.

Stephen

• wfarb
    wfarb
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! It worked.

• That's great to hear, @wfarb.

We fixed a bug in the updater in version 5.3 and we don't expect users to hit this on subsequent updates. If you hit it again, please do let us know.

Rick

• macgirl
    macgirl
    Community Member
    Options

Just had the same issue with version 5.3 (on Mac OS 10.10.2)

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

@macgirl did you resolve the issue in accordance with my post above? That should sort it.

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @macgirl, Please do let us know if Stephen_C's suggestion from the second post helped :smile:

• macgirl
    macgirl
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I was able to work around it, but thought @littlebobbytables wanted to be informed if the updater was still causing problems.

Re-reading his post, I guess it will be fixed for updates post 5.3? Can the bad update not be pulled so people aren't prompted to install it?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @macgirl,

This was fixed in 5.3, but only affects future updates because the bug was in the updater in previous versions. So the next time you install an update, it will be done using the updater in version 5.3 which has the fix, so it should work as expected.

Sorry for the confusion about that! Hopefully my explanation makes sense, but we can go into more detail if you'd like. Just let us know, thanks!

This discussion has been closed.