Problems Filling Username and Password on Nextiva Fax Website

Options
rmblood
rmblood
Community Member

1Password won't fill the username and password on this login page: https://fax.nextiva.com

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Have you tried re-creating and saving the login manually for that page? That often solves problems such as the one you have because it enables 1P effectively to re-learn the page.

Stephen

• rmblood
    rmblood
    Community Member
    Options

I tried that this morning and it didn't work. Any other ideas?

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @rmblood,

That website uses a Flash login page. 1Password is unable to save and fill logins that use Adobe Flash. As far as we know, no browser password manager supports Flash-based sites because it is a proprietary solution and does not interface with the browser. We've previously worked with a Flash consultant and after reviewing the latest APIs provided by Adobe we found it is still not possible unless websites modify their code to allow it.

Most websites realize the problems with using Flash and provide a standard HTML login page as well. If you cannot find one, the only workaround is to save the username and password in 1Password and copy and paste it whenever you need to log into the site.

If you can't find a HTML login page, it might be worth e-mailing the website and requesting an upgraded login system, one that doesn't use the aging and proprietary Flash technology. Not only can 1Password not fill it, but you are not able to access Flash content on modern mobile devices such as iPhone or iPad either.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you! If you have more questions or need anything else, please let us know.

• rmblood
    rmblood
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the background information. I'll contact the website and let them know.

• Jasper
    Options

On behalf of Drew, you're welcome. Please let us know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.