mattsondm
mattsondm
Community Member
edited April 2015 in iOS

Help us help you!

• I’m using 1Password version #:5
  • On a (Mac/PC/iOS/Android):i Mac running Yosemite
  • Syncing with other devices (list them): iPhone 5c

I have always used Wifi sync, but since I switched to Yosemite (clean install), it gives me an error because I am trying to sync to a library "other than the one originally configured". I often update my passwords on my iPhone while at work, and when I come home I want to update the iMac vault.

How do I reset my sync setting to allow for WiFi syncing?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mattsondm: I'm sorry you're having trouble syncing! Based on your description, I think the problem you're having might actually be due to the iOS app update process rather than related to installing Yosemite on your Mac.

A number of people have encountered this 7027 error since the 1Password for iOS 5.3 update. The good news is that -- to my knowledge -- everyone who encountered this issue with the update package was able to get it working again by reinstalling a fresh copy of 1Password from the App Store. Please try the following:

1. Make a backup of your 1Password data
    2. Delete 1Password from your iOS device
    3. Reinstall 1Password from the iOS App Store
    4. Use Wi-Fi Sync to transfer the data from your Mac

If the problem persists even after reinstalling, the best thing to do would be to generate a diagnostic report in 1Password Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics (under Log Settings enable Sync and Wi-Fi Sync) > Send Diagnostics (you’ll have to scroll to the bottom) so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening. Please also include a link to this forum thread in the email as well as your forum username so we can 'connect the dots'. Be sure to let us know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• simonkeff
    simonkeff
    Community Member
    Options

hi
    After The last update One of our iPhones won't sync using WiFi. The iPad and the second Phone don't have Amy problems. Error domain 7027 is the message. Any idea?

• simonkeff
    simonkeff
    Community Member
    Options

After reading some of the solutions I deleted 1PW form the iPhone and re-installed it. Works like a charm now.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015
    Options

Hi @simonkeff,

Thanks for following up on this! I'm sorry you had this trouble, but I'm glad that reinstalling 1Password for iOS resolved the issue for you. I merged your posts with this existing thread to keep the conversation in one place. Hopefully, things will be similarly resolved for @mattsondm!

Have a wonderful rest of your week. :)

ref: OPI-2635

• mattsondm
    mattsondm
    Community Member
    Options

Mine worked also. At first I tried to restore the IOS version from backup, and then sync, but received the same error. So, I had to make the initial IOS vault from a sync of the iMac. Therefore, I lost the last couple of passwords that I made on the phone, but they weren't complicated and easily remembered. Now both versions are the syncing well over WIFI. Thanks for your help brenty!

• @simonkeff and @mattsondm, I'm glad to hear you're back up and running. On behalf of Brent and Khad, you are very welcome.

• esn
    esn
    Community Member
    Options

While removing the 1Password iOS app and reinstalling fixed my 7027 error. It sounds like you have taken functionality away with these new releases. Previously with Wifi Sync I could use it to sync my iOS device with my work computer as well as my home computer.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @esn,

That is still technically possible, but is not recommended. The problem with this is that the sync state is not properly maintained if syncing with multiple computers, and so it is much easier to get conflicts etc than it is with a sync system that is intended to sync with multiple computers (Dropbox or iCloud).

Thanks!

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015
    Options

@esn: Just to clarify (and build on what bwoodruff said), we haven't changed the way that Wi-Fi Sync operates:

This is a literal statement, as any existing sync state is destroyed when a new connection is created ('pairing' your iOS device with a new computer). In some cases no harm will be done, as the data will be merged. But when more complex changes need to be sync'd, using an iOS device as a 'mule' between two computers, no one of the three will be aware of the other two at any given time (since only two are 'paired' with the shared secret and sync state).

Since this can result in data loss, it isn't something we can recommend. You're certainly free to try this with your own data, but I encourage you to make regular backups and perhaps consider other sync methods that were designed with exactly this use in mind. Personally, I can't believe how solid Dropbox has been, especially considering the myriad devices, vaults, and bizarre scenarios I've thrown at it over the years. And Dropbox was also built with conflict resolution in mind. Wi-Fi Sync simply has no concept of multi-vault conflict resolution, since it is only ever operating between two devices.

Just something to keep in mind. Cheers! :)

That is still technically possible, but is not recommended.

@bwoodruff: I'll take 'safe for my data' over 'technically possible' any day. :p

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I just wanted to update the thread to let everyone know that we have a fix for this coming as well:

[FIXED] Fixed a problem where Wi-Fi syncing would stop working with error code 7027. {OPI-2635}

This in 1Password for iOS 5.4.2beta2, so the update will be available in the App Store once we're finished testing and it's approved. Cheers! :)

• linalan
    linalan
    Community Member
    Options

It looks like I have been bit by this bug. I noticed it last week, but am only now getting around to seeing if I mucked up something, since I had no problems syncing before.

I only have one vault, one iPhone and one Macbook. When I try to sync I get "ErrorDomain Code=7027"

I tried the above mentioned vault backup, removal of 1Password from my phone followed by a reinstall and restore. This did not work. I still get the error message. I did this twice. The first time, I synced with the existing vault on my Macbook after reinstalling. Next, I performed the restore from backup. Then, I attempted to sync. FAIL. The second time, I created a new vault. Then performed the restore from backup followed by an attempted sync. FAIL.

I'm running version 1Password v5.4.2 on iOS 8.3. My Macbook is Yosemite 10.10.3.

Am I missing something? Any ideas?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I tried the above mentioned vault backup, removal of 1Password from my phone followed by a reinstall and restore. This did not work. I still get the error message. I did this twice. The first time, I synced with the existing vault on my Macbook after reinstalling. Next, I performed the restore from backup. Then, I attempted to sync. FAIL.

@linalan: I'm really sorry about this. For some reason, this is still affecting you and some other users.

In this case, the restore is the problem, as the (corrupt) sync state is also being restored when it should not. Please back up your data, reinstall the app (but do not restore), and then you should be able to Wi-Fi Sync from your computer.

If all of your data is not on the computer, however, we can work out a process to merge it, reinstall the iOS app, and then sync your merged data back to it. If this is your situation, let me know and we can work out the steps to accomplish this.

On a more positive note, your data is not affected by this, only the sync process. So once we have a solution for you, whether in an update or a process to get all the data you need, you won't be out any important information stored in your vault.

Please let me know. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• linalan
    linalan
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Thanks for the quick reply.

I make 99% of my changes in the iOS app. Thus, it is my Macbook that is out of date.

If the computer was up2date, then reinstalling the iOS app and syncing from desktop wouldn't be a problem. However, I need it go in the other direction.

If there is a process I can work through, let me know. Otherwise, I can wait until an update is provided. Thanks.. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015
    Options

If there is a process I can work through, let me know. Otherwise, I can wait until an update is provided.

@linalan: There is indeed! Please follow these steps to get all your data 'back to the Mac' (I call this The Vandelay Method™):

1. Make a fresh backup of your 1Password data on your Mac
    2. (Skip this step if you do not have data on the Mac that is missing from iOS!) In 1Password, go to File > Export > All Items and save as .1PIF
    3. Make a backup of your 1Password data on your iOS device
    4. Add the backup from iOS to the backup list in 1Password for Mac
    5. Restore the newly-added backup into 1Password for Mac
    6. (Skip this step if you skipped step 2!) Then go to File > Import and choose the .1PIF you saved in step 2 (to merge the data you exported from your original Mac vault)
    7. (Skip this step if you skipped step 2!) Destroy the evidence (since the exported data is not encrypted): A Delete the .1PIF from step 2, B Secure erase using Finder > Secure Empty Trash
    8. Delete 1Password for iOS and reinstall it from the App Store
    9. Wi-Fi Sync all of your data back to iOS from the Mac

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any questions, or if you get stuck on a particular step. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• linalan
    linalan
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty
    I followed your procedure. Everything seems to be working just fine now. Thanks. Is Vandelay Industries in the same building as Agile? Do you often have lunch with Art? ;) Again, thanks!

• Ben
    Options

I followed your procedure. Everything seems to be working just fine now.

Excellent! Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that worked. :)

Is Vandelay Industries in the same building as Agile? Do you often have lunch with Art?

Ssshhhhhh.... We don't want that getting out. ;)

Thanks!

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@linalan: Unfortunately some of this falls under the rubric of 'trade secrets', but I will be sure to give your regards to Messrs. Vandelay, Varnsen, and Pennypacker.

This discussion has been closed.