iPad Login Problem

DR2000
edited March 2011 in iOS
I've sent the following to support email address through iPad directly, but sadly didn't get a reply. I decided to try my luck here.

Hello,

I've purchased a pro version of your product to use on iPad and
iPhone. I set it up to sync through Dropbox (had to get trial version
installed on Mac for that to work), but now I'm having a couple of
issues on iPad (didn't spend much time on IPhone yet).

One is a simple bug where in Accounts instead of word server __title__
shows up. That happens on Accounts already created and on new account
screen as well.

Another one is much more annoying. When I try to use any login your
built in browser opens up. At first I kept seeing about:blank or
something similar blinking it address bar. I found a suggestion that I
need to restart the iPad and it fixed this problem.

However I still can't login anywhere. The following thing happens on Amazon, Dropbox,
Linode, etc. I successfully get to the login page. 1password correctly
identifies the site and fills in the info (from the globe icon). But
then no buttons work. Clicking submit does nothing. It's like the form
got broken somehow and no longer submits. I even tried deleting your
app, reinstalling and resyning. Same thing keeps happening. It just
doesn't work.

With respect to iPhone version — it would be really nice to add Reveal
feature to it as you have on iPad. Otherwise it is not very usable.
But I guess that's a feature request. I would like to resolve the
above problem however.

Thank you.

---
Model: iPad
System Name: iPhone OS
System Version: 4.3

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    DR2000 wrote:

I've sent the following to support email address through iPad directly, but sadly didn't get a reply. I decided to try my luck here.

I'm sorry for the delay — we've been experiencing high email volume over the last few days and our reply times have slipped a bit.

One is a simple bug where in Accounts instead of word server __title__
    shows up. That happens on Accounts already created and on new account
    screen as well.

This is a known issue with the current release. It will be fixed in the next release.

DR2000 wrote:

When I try to use any login your built in browser opens up. At first I kept seeing about:blank or
    something similar blinking it address bar. I found a suggestion that I
    need to restart the iPad and it fixed this problem.

I'm glad that worked for you!

DR2000 wrote:

However I still can't login anywhere. The following thing happens on Amazon, Dropbox,
    Linode, etc. I successfully get to the login page. 1password correctly
    identifies the site and fills in the info (from the globe icon). But
    then no buttons work. Clicking submit does nothing. It's like the form
    got broken somehow and no longer submits. I even tried deleting your
    app, reinstalling and resyning. Same thing keeps happening. It just
    doesn't work.

I just tested my own Amazon login with 1Password Pro 3.5.7 and it worked fine for me. Specifically, I tapped the login location and when the page finished loading, 1Password automatically entered my credentials for me. I tapped submit and after a brief loading delay, the login process completed. When you're having this issue, do you see any indication that you've tapped the button to log in? (Mine shows a brief shadow on the element I tapped.) Also, on the far right side of the address bar of the 1Password browser, when you tap the submit button it should change from the reload arrow icon to a target type icon that indicates you can stop the loading of the page. Do you see this behavior?

DR2000 wrote:

With respect to iPhone version — it would be really nice to add Reveal
    feature to it as you have on iPad. Otherwise it is not very usable.
    But I guess that's a feature request. I would like to resolve the
    above problem however.

Thanks for the feedback. We'll look into this for a future release. Please note that you can toggle password concealing in 1Password's More > Settings screen to view the password's value.
  • Jamie wrote:
    I just tested my own Amazon login with 1Password Pro 3.5.7 and it worked fine for me. Specifically, I tapped the login location and when the page finished loading, 1Password automatically entered my credentials for me. I tapped submit and after a brief loading delay, the login process completed. When you're having this issue, do you see any indication that you've tapped the button to log in? (Mine shows a brief shadow on the element I tapped.) Also, on the far right side of the address bar of the 1Password browser, when you tap the submit button it should change from the reload arrow icon to a target type icon that indicates you can stop the loading of the page. Do you see this behavior?

For me the fields do not get automatically filled in. I have to touch one of the fields and then click the glob icon and select Amazon from the list. After that the fields get filled in correctly.

When I touch the button "Sign in using our secure server" the button gets a shadow around it, but the shadow goes away as soon as I lift the finger. The reload icon never changes to anything.
  • khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hey DR2000,

I just saw that Dave, Mike, and myself have all replied to you via email, so I'm going to let the conversation continue there if you don't mind (just so we're not duplicating efforts). :-)

Cheers!
  • The login issue is now resolved with the latest update. Thank you!

However looks like you still left "__title__" in there.

Now if we could get a "Reveal" button on iPhone the whole suite would be perfect. :)
This discussion has been closed.