Import: file open panel does not respond [Resolved]

Options
amilton
amilton
Community Member
edited April 2015 in Mac

File -> Import opens the file selection panel. I can pick the type of file from the list of choices. I can select a file with the correct extension (eg, *.1pif, *.csv). However, the "Open" and "Cancel" buttons do not respond. I then have to quit 1Password. More importantly, there is no way to import information.

1Password
Version 5.3 (530029)
Mac App Store

Comments

• Hi @amilton,

10.10.3 changed some things and broke that open panel for us. We've fixed it, and the fix will be part of 1Password 5.4. The workaround until 5.4 is released is to drag the 1pif file from Finder to the 1Password icon on your dock. That should prompt you to import it without going through that open panel.

I hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

Rick

• amilton
    amilton
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Rick, for following up.

I had figured out that I could Control-Click on the 1pif file and open with 1Password, which is essentially the same as your suggestion. Does not work on a 1pif bundle with attachments, however. So I added the attachments manually after the import.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @amilton,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to get things sorted out, although I do apologize for the confusion.

Since this particular issue is resolved, I'll close this thread, but if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to open a new thread, or email us directly at support+forum@agilebits.com - we're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.