Items in new .opvault are empty [Investigating, do not use your personal data for the alpha test]

Options
DBrown
DBrown
1Password Alumni
edited April 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows
This discussion was split from the No access to Dropbox vault thread in the 1Password for Windows Modern forum.

@dommi2601 is trying to create a .opvault version of his data that he can then use in the new Windows Modern app, but the export-import process seems to have failed somewhere along the line.

Comments

• dommi2601
    dommi2601
    Community Member
    Options

Hi DBrown. I've used the Windows 1Password application 4.x to create the new .opvault. Before I've used the same version to open the .agilebits and exported the data to a 1pif. Then imported the 1pif to .opvault and opened it with the modern app afterwards.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015
    Options

Thanks, @dommi2601.

Because of a known problem, some items may not make the transition from .agilekeychain through 1PIF to .opvault (so you should NOT discard or stop using your .agilekeychain folder in 1Password for Windows), but it should give you at least a partial vault to experiment with.

Can you share a screen shot of any item that shows the problem you're describing? (If you do, be sure to obscure anything confidential or personal.)

• ejg930
    ejg930
    Community Member
    Options

Can you describe a little more about which items might not make the transition? Is it one type of item consistently or more of a random assortment?

Is the known export/import issue being worked on currently or will it be in the backlog for a while? Just wondering if I should do manual cleanup on my .opvault or if it's not worth it.

• dommi2601
    dommi2601
    Community Member
    Options
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dommi2601 Does your .opvault have any items in 1Password for Windows?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ejg930 wrote:

Can you describe a little more about which items might not make the transition? Is it one type of item consistently or more of a random assortment?

I have not experimented with it sufficiently to say whether it's consistent. I noticed that some items in several categories weren't in the .opvault version of my data when viewed in 1Password for Windows after I had imported the "all items" 1PIF I had exported from the .agilekeychain version of my data.

Is the known export/import issue being worked on currently or will it be in the backlog for a while? Just wondering if I should do manual cleanup on my .opvault or if it's not worth it.

It's been filed as a bug report. Dev will determine the priority of any potential fix.

• dommi2601
    dommi2601
    Community Member
    Options

@svondutch

Yes, I can see all the entries.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dommi2601 Sounds like this might be a problem with 1Password Windows Modern then (not with 1Password Windows Desktop). /cc @db

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015
    Options

In my single test, @svondutch, exporting my own .agilekeychain-format vault to 1PIF, creating a new .opvault-format vault, and importing the 1PIF file, all the items that were imported were complete—the problem was that not all items in the AgileKeychain vault were present in the OPvault, whether I viewed that vault in 1Password for Windows or in 1Password for Windows Modern.

On the right is the .agilekeychain folder that's synced between my Mac and PC, as viewed in 1Password for Mac.

On the left is the .opvault folder that was created through the process described above, as viewed in 1Password for Windows.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

We're currently testing to see what's going on with the import process. I did find and filed a separate issue with exporting items in the Windows application and we'll get that fixed soon.

@db, what about importing the 1PIF into a new opvault file on Mac, does it show everything as expected? If your issue is related to what I've found, the Mac app should show the same problem.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MikeT, I finally got a chance to open the .opvault (shown on the left, above, as viewed in 1Password for Windows) in 1Password 4 for Mac:

As you can see, the numbers match what 1Password for Windows and 1Password for Windows Modern show when using that .opvault folder, so the missing items really do seem not to have made the transition of export-all-to-1PIF–import-to-OPvault, as reported.

Remember that the numbers of items in the original .agilekeychain folder are shown on the right, above, as viewed in 1Password for Mac. Some but not all of the original's Login, Identity, Software License, Social Security Number, Driver's License, and Passport items made it to the .opvault folder.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

@dommi2601 and @ejg930, if you can reproduce this issue, can you email us at support+windows@agilebits.com with the link to this thread. We're having difficulties finding a way to reproduce this and we can't fix this until we have someone who can reproduce the problem.

Thanks!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015
    Options

If, on importing the export-all 1PIF I created from my .agilekeychain folder, I choose Yes to all for items and then No to all for replacing duplicates, all items seem to be imported successfully.

The only mismatched numbers are in the Generated Passwords category [the .agilekeychain folder (as viewed in 1Password 4 for Windows) shows 53, whereas the .opvault folder (as viewed in 1Password 4 for Mac) shows 54] and in the All folder [the .agilekeychain folder (as viewed in 1Password 4 for Windows) contains 466, whereas the .opvault folder (as viewed in 1Password 4 for Mac) shows 477].

This discussion has been closed.