Two-way conversion of AgileKeychain and OPVault [available in v.5 for Mac from AgileBits web store]

wkleem
wkleem
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I am testing OPVault but the majority of my credentials are in AgileKeychain. Will there be anything lost in the conversion if I keep switching back and forth? 1Password for Win Modern accepts only OPVault.

Comments

• OPVault is more secure than AgileKeychain and is meant to replace it as soon as we got it stable on all platforms. 1Password for Windows Modern can do OPVault only. There are no plans to provide OPV->AKC conversion, but we are actively looking into ways of simplifying AKC->OPV conversion.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

@wkleem, please see the "Getting your data into .opvault format" thread in this forum.

Remember, too, that this is alpha software. I think of the .opvault copy of my vault as a snapshot that I made when I exported to 1PIF and imported to OPvault. Because that process gave me only a subset of my items, I'm still using the .agilekeychain format for daily use and for syncing between my Mac and PC.

• JoaoMonteiro
    JoaoMonteiro
    Community Member

Testei no tablet como no telemóvel , consigo fazer o login dropbox ele reconhece mas não passa desse passo.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@JoaoMonteiro, Google translates your comment as follows:

I tested the tablet as the phone, can not log in dropbox he recognizes but does not pass this step.

Are you saying that you cannot complete the Dropbox login process, when you're trying to set up your primary vault?

• pbryanw
    pbryanw
    Community Member
    edited April 2015

@wkleem, @DBrown - Can highly recommend making two vaults, specially for the Alpha, with one an opvault snapshot of your primary vault. The 1Password desktop apps have support for multiple vaults so why not use it. Also, as the Windows Phone App is alpha, I'm insuring my primary vault against any data loss that might occur due to this early stage of development.

Regarding loss of data after converting to opvault - I found if I created an empty opvault using the Windows app, then did the 1PIF export and import on 1Password for Mac, I was able to successfully import all my items. One bonus of running a hackintosh I guess :)

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

Yes, as I've written above and elsewhere, I just took a snapshot of my .agilekeychain folder, exported to 1PIF, and imported it to a .opvault folder so I could use it to work with 1Password for Windows Modern. It's not my "actual" data that I depend on daily on Mac and PC—that's still the .agilekeychain folder that's synced between them.

This discussion has been closed.