Trouble with Okta Login and auto-save

13»

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @coopr,

While their form design is unusual we're trying something in the hope it means we don't trigger out password change form code with Okta but without affecting all the real times we need it to work. I haven't seen it in action yet but hope to soon. Fingers crossed.

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Hey folks,

We believe we have fixed this (hopefully for the last time) in the latest beta version of the 1Password extension for Safari and Chrome. The Firefox extension is facing some unrelated delays, so it isn't available there just yet.

If you can update to (or install) version 4.5.4.b3 of the extension, we'd love to know how it goes for you.

Installing beta versions of the browser extension

Thanks!

cc: @Kennsen, @teknologika, @ILikeVoltron, @2robo2, @1TicketTerm, @snstanton, @bensherman, @bryanrcampbell, @andematt, @dmonterroso, @synfinatic, @drloksoft, @craskul, @cskj, @coopr

• 1TicketTerm
    1TicketTerm
    Community Member

My company switched to a slightly different method of authentication with Okta, so I probably won't be able to test this out. Thank you for fixing it, however.

• 2robo2
    2robo2
    Community Member

Thank you - the current beta is signing me in without prompting to save nonexistent changes!

• synfinatic
    synfinatic
    Community Member

Just verified with Safari & Chrome. Both work! Thanks!

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

Woohoo! Thanks for confirming folks! That is great news.

• ILikeVoltron
    ILikeVoltron
    Community Member

Can confirm, beta extension seems to have resolved this again (hopefully forever!)

• Kennsen
    Kennsen
    Community Member

I would love to confirm it, but I recently left the company that used Okta. I'm still using 1password though. Thanks for the updates. Keep up with the good work. You are awesome!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

@ILikeVoltron: We'd love to say it is resolved forever but compatibility with web pages is very much a cat and mouse design. They may change something and in a way we never anticipated (a bit like having multiple password fields that according to one adventurous user don't seem to affect logging in if removed) and of course we may have a dozy moment and accidentally let a regression slip in. As long as our users help keep us alert though I'm hopeful next time it won't take so long.

@Kennsen: Thank you for the kind words and I'm slightly embarrassed it took us so long that you've changed employers in the meanwhile. Should you ever have to use Okta again though I'm hopeful we'll be doing a better job in the stable release :smile:

Thank you everybody for your support and occasional reminders that we needed to do better here!

• drloksoft
    drloksoft
    Community Member

Whoohoo! With this Beta 1password does not ask me anymore to save this password on OKTA.
    Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Sorry it took so long but at least we got here in the end @drloksoft :smile:

• smkp
    smkp
    Community Member

Just wanted to add another confirmation (using the Beta extension on Chrome on Windows)

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know :smile: It looks like we've nailed this one, at least until something changes. That's the fun part - it's a game of cat and mouse :lol:

• andematt
    andematt
    Community Member

Thanks guys! Working great again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• ozsmac
    ozsmac
    Community Member

I've had this issue for a while and was just living with it, today I decided to have a quick search to see if I could find a fix, stumbled across this post, installed the beta browser plugin and it's all fixed for me.

Thanks for those who reported this and to the Agilebits team for sorting out a fix!

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, @ozsmac! I'm glad the beta helped out. :chuffed:

• drloksoft
    drloksoft
    Community Member

Weird. The issue came back with the latest update. Everytime I try to login through Okta, 1password asks me to save the login.
    1Password 6
    Version 6.3.1 (631006)
    Chrome: 1Password Beta 4.5.7.3

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@drloksoft: I tested this myself in both Chrome and Safari using both the beta and stable versions of 1Password and the extension...but I wasn't able to reproduce it. Please try reinstalling the extension, and then restart your Mac and let me know if that helps. The only way I'm able to get 1Password to offer to save a new login is if I enter a different password than the one already saved. Let me know what you find!

• drloksoft
    drloksoft
    Community Member

Will do. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:) :+1:

• drloksoft
    drloksoft
    Community Member

Nope. Same result after re-install of the extension reboot. I've marked okta now as a page not to store a password from.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2016

@drloksoft: That's a reasonable workaround. Thanks for following up. We're still not able to reproduce this issue, but we'll see if we can track it down.

Out of curiosity, which versions of macOS (née OS X) and Chrome are you using on the machine where you were getting the autosave prompt? Does the URL you're visiting match the URL saved in the login? Thanks in advance!

This discussion has been closed.