need keyword, haven't received keyword, can't get started with app [see "Join the team" post, above]

lencil
lencil
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I've signed in the test group. but when I've confirmed login. I cannot receive the guide, and any keyword.

Comments

• sahalrahman
    sahalrahman
    Community Member
    edited April 2015

I've just download the modern app on my phone. And when I want to u use the app, The app ask me to enter the keyword that I've received in in email, and I found nothing in my inbox, or junk

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

We're working with you by e-mail, @sahalrahman.

As noted there, your e-mail address isn't in the list of folks who have signed up, so either you entered a different e-mail address when you signed up, or your accidentally mistyped your address when you signed up.

If the latter, you'll need to sign up again: https://agilebits.com/newsletter/windowsmodern

• sahalrahman
    sahalrahman
    Community Member

:)

• Debojyoti
    Debojyoti
    Community Member
    edited April 2015

Where is keyword man?I confirmed my email Id too.bt still now not getting the keyword.

• Hey @Debojyoti! Can I ask, have you tried looking in your spam/junk folder for it?

• Debojyoti
    Debojyoti
    Community Member

@Greig Allen I checked all the folders of my email.bt there are no keyword on my email

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

Did you receive an e-mail message from us that contained instructions on how to get the app?

The message looked like this:

If you did, please see step 3 under the heading "How do I get the software?" in that message.

• syed saqlain ahmed
    syed saqlain ahmed
    Community Member
    edited April 2015

I have a Lumia 730 and I installed 1password on my phone and when I opened the application and I said I wanted a keyword to continue but no keyword is not send

. I signed up by using my gmail account

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015

If you've signed up to join the 1Password for Windows Modern alpha team, please see step 3 under the heading "How do I get the software?" in the message we sent you.

Then, see the "Getting started" thread in this forum.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I see your e-mail address (the one associated with your forum account, here) in the list of folks who've signed up for the alpha team, @lencil, so you should've received a confirmation message and, after confirming, another message ("Welcome to the 1Password for Windows Modern alpha team!") that looked like this:

Have you checked your "spam" folder?

Once you find the message, please see step 3 under the heading "How do I get the software?" for the keyword.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

@Debojyoti, I don't find your e-mail address (the one associated with your forum account, here) in the list of folks who've signed up for the alpha team.

Is it possible you signed up using a different address? If not, you might've made a typo on the signup form—if that's the case, just sign up again, using the correct address: you'll get a confirmation request and then the message shown above. That latter message will include the keyword you need, the first time you launch the app.

Thanks for your interest in 1Password for Windows Modern!

• dnegrisolli
    dnegrisolli
    Community Member
    edited May 2015

Hello! I can't enter to help you testing WP Alpha app.
    It asks me a password sending me by email, but I don't have any email!
    thank you
    best

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015

It's actually asking for a keyword, which you receive in the e-mail message we send after you sign up to join the alpha team.

If you've signed up to join the 1Password for Windows Modern alpha team, please see step 3 under the heading "How do I get the software?" in the message we sent you.

If you haven't signed up yet, please see this forum post for instructions:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/38742/

Thanks, @dnegrisolli!

• dnegrisolli
    dnegrisolli
    Community Member

Thanks @DBrown ! I'll help testing that.
    I'm excited to change to Windows 10 soon and will like 1Password follow me :D

• nealf
    nealf
    Community Member
    edited May 2015

I want to install 1Password Alpha on my SurfacePro2 (win 8.1) and it says it emailed a keyword - but I can't find the keyword email - what email address does it use - how can I find this out

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015

As noted in the (now merged) Can't enter the app to test thread, you need to sign up with the alpha team, in order to get the keyword:

https://agilebits.com/newsletter/windowsmodern

Thanks for your interest in 1Password for Windows Modern, @nealf!

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

I've merged all the threads that have to do with getting the keyword.

• dnegrisolli
    dnegrisolli
    Community Member

Hello! I didn't received anything yet. I need to be selected to receive the invitation for Windows Alpha?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015

@dnegrisolli, have you signed up at this address?

https://agilebits.com/newsletter/windowsmodern

If so, did you use the same e-mail address (mail@d...negrisolli.com) as you use for this forum?

If you did, it's possible that our attempt to confirm the sign-up by follow-up e-mail message "bounced" when we sent it to the mail@d...negrisolli.com address.

• dnegrisolli
    dnegrisolli
    Community Member
    edited June 2015

Yes! Several times! And it wont goes to spam @DBrown

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2015

Yes! Several times!

Only the first attempt has any effect.

Did you use that same address?

If so, can you make sure e-mail sent to that address is getting through?

Thanks for your patience! Please let us know what you find.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

By the way, there's no need to enter a keyword, any more.

If you download the latest version of 1Password for Windows Modern from the Window Store or Windows Phone Store, the keyword prompt has been replaced with a prompt for your e-mail address, so we can make sure you're signed up for the alpha team.

This discussion has been closed.