Trouble syncing with iPhone

mmbell
mmbell
Community Member

Hi,

I am brand new to 1Password and I am having trouble setting it up on my iPhone. Everything seems to work ok on my mac, but goes totally haywire on the phone. My phone doesn't recognize my master password, even though I am sure it's correct. I am also unable to get it to sync over iCloud or Wifi.

It says it found existing data in iCloud, but when I type in the password, it says its incorrect. I created a new vault on the phone, just to try out the app, but I can't find that one anymore. I got both apps off the Mac App Store yesterday.

• I am on a Mac running Yosemite 10.10.3
• iPhone6 iOS 8.3
• 1Password Version 5.4.1 on iPhone
• 1Password Version 5.3 on Mac

Comments

• Hi @mmbell,

I'm sorry to hear about your difficulty getting syncing working. Are you using any characters in your Master Password besides the ones displayed here:

If so I would suggest changing the Master Password to one that only includes those characters.

https://support.1password.com/change-master-password/mac.html

Also: Do you get the same 'incorrect password' error when attempting to sync via WiFi?

Please let me know. :)

Ben

• mmbell
    mmbell
    Community Member

@bwoodruff - It's working! I had three characters in my password that were not on that list! Before I did get the same "incorrect password" message when trying to sync over Wifi and iCloud. Thanks!!

• Thanks for the update @mmbell! Glad to hear you got it working.

This discussion has been closed.