1Password bypass of fingerprint security on iOS8.3

dctmprice
dctmprice
Community Member

iPhone 6 running 8.3 and 1 Password 5.4.1 (504104). I can bypass fingerprint security by having 1Password running and lock. Either have 1Password already running or simply open app. Double click home button when 1Password asks for fingerprint. Sometimes must repeat but 1 Password always unlocks. Do I have security setting wrong? I have 1Password to lock on exit but when ever the fingerprint screen is at the ready, I double click home button, 1Password opens.

Comments

• dctmprice
    dctmprice
    Community Member

Feeling not very smart. Tried other finger (not the one registered on phone) there is no issue. The scanner is very quickly scanning my finger in the double tap of the home button. I apologize.

• dctmprice
    dctmprice
    Community Member

Feeling not very smart. Tried other finger (not the one registered on phone) there is no issue. The scanner is very quickly scanning my finger in the double tap of the home button. I apologize.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited April 2015

Hi @dctmprice,

That sounds like 1Password is working as intended... It prompts for your Touch ID fingerprint, you put your finger on the scanner to press the home button, and 1Password unlocks. :)

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Ben

Edit: I must've posted while you were composing your 2nd message. Yep! Message received. Sounds like we're all on the same page now. :) Thanks for the update!

This discussion has been closed.