Internet Explorer 11 no available toolbar button (addon enabled, Enhanced Protection Mode disabled)

Options

Internet Explorer 8 (Windows 8.1) shows 1Password add-on enabled (32-bit and 64-bit), but it doesn't show in the 'available toolbar buttons' column when I click on "customize" / "Add or remove commands". Looking at other forum entries, I ensured that the "Enable Enhanced Protection Mode" and "Enable 64-bit processes for Enhanced Protection Mode" options are all de-selected.

Any thoughts on what I might try? I'm reluctant to reinstall 1Password for fear of losing current data.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @rckingsley,

I assume you mean Internet Explorer 11, not 8 in your post?

If it doesn't show up in the command toolbar's customize dialog, it might be because one of the extension components is disabled. Can you try this:

1. Open IE, click on the gear icon on top right of IE to select Manage Add-ons
    2. Select Toolbars and Extensions on the left sidebar and please ensure that both 1Password components are enabled by right-clicking on them to select Enable. It should look like this at the end:

After that, restart IE first, right-click on the command bar to customize it and you should be able to add 1Password now.

• rckingsley
    rckingsley
    Community Member
    Options

It is indeed IE11, and (regrettably) the add-on is enabled. I've tried disabling it, rebooting and re-enabling it, to no avail.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rckingsley: Just to clarify, are you only seeing one listing for 1Password in addons? There should be two listed, and both need to be enabled.

Additionally, the 1Password icon will only show in one of the columns at a time when customizing the Command Bar. Be sure to check both in case you overlooked it.

Does the keyboard shortcut (ctrl+) work? If 1Password is showing as installed and enabled, but still isn't loading, you may need to reset Internet Explorer (Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > Reset...), or reinstall 1Password itself if it's become damaged.

Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you. :)

• rckingsley
    rckingsley
    Community Member
    Options

Well, I didn't realize that there were 2 add-ons - I scrolled down the list (since the 2nd one wasn't under '"Not Available"), the 2nd one was disabled. After enabling it (and re-starting IE11), 1Password did appear in the commands list, so I was able to add the button (thanks!).

"However", when I actually invoked it (clicked the 1Password button), did a search and selected an account, and selected "Go & fill", although the website was launched, the userid and password fields were not filled in the browser (even though they were filled in the 1Password pop-up window) and a 1Password warning message at the bottom of the screen indicated that "Login '<site-name.' does not appear to contain any fields" - although we could see the userid and password fields were populated in the account that was selected.

While the website was up, I re-clicked the 1Password icon, it 'knew' what website I had up, so I clicked that website name in the 1Password list of options (like I do on my MacBook), and the same error occurred - the userid/password fields on the browser were not populated, and the same warning message (about login not containing any fields) displayed again.

This same situation occurred with multiple websites.

Keep in mind, we 'really' like 1Password (we use it on OSX and IOS devices as well), so we appreciate your assistance. Thanks again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@rckingsley: This is really strange, but I'm glad to hear that it was the second addon that was disabled for some reason. We're getting somewhere! ;)

In regard to the issue you're having now, could you give an example of a site where you're seeing this error? Also, make sure that you're running the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer and that Enhanced Protection mode is disabled.

Let's see if that gets us closer to where we want to be. :)

• rckingsley
    rckingsley
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for the delayed response - a lot happening right now.
    We're running IE 11.0.9600.17728 (no mention of 32-bit or 64-bit). It is invoked from the 'desktop' mode via the Windows 'iexplore' run command.
    Enhanced Protection Mode is "not" enabled.
    Every single website we try (Amazon, Facebook, all financial sites, Gmail, etc.) all show the same symptom: "Login does not appear to contain any fields".
    When 1Password 4 is opened, it shows userid and password fields are populated correctly.
    Thanks for continuing to help us - hopefully a resolution can be found. Thanks.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @rckingsley,

How are you opening the sites;

1. Manually visiting the sites in IE, then pressing the 1Password button on the IE's toolbar to fill or pressing the shortcut, Control + \
    2. Pressing the 1Password button in IE to use the Logins menu to select sites to open
    3. Double-clicking on sites in the main 1Password application to open in IE

Option 2 and 3 are what we called Go and Fill, to go to the site and fill for you. This process is different from option 1, where 1Password just fills only. Option 1 has the greatest success rate because it doesn't involve a lot of work from the browsers that could prevent the extension from filling properly.

If you've been doing option 2 or 3, please try option 1 and see if 1Password works better.

• rckingsley
    rckingsley
    Community Member
    Options

Actually, all 3 methods have been tried - to no avail.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @rckingsley,

We'll need to look at your 1Password diagnostic report to see what's going on, there's something interfering with the 1Password add-on on your system. Please use this guide to generate a diagnostic report to email to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Every single website we try (Amazon, Facebook, all financial sites, Gmail, etc.) all show the same symptom: "Login does not appear to contain any fields".

@rckingsley Can you please update to version 4.3.2.BETA-569 and try again? Thanks!

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW4#beta

This discussion has been closed.