Problem adding licence

Options
Stephen_C
Stephen_C
Community Member
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Pass 5 will not open after update..

Comments

• mike.oneal
    mike.oneal
    Community Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

My wife and I have been using 1Password. I upgraded to 1Password5, but now it tells me that my "trial expired." We have a license for 1Password5 in my wife's name at [email deleted]. When we try to put in the License number it just takes me to my Finder on the Mac and 1Password will not even open from there. What do I do?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

@mike.oneal I have:

1. split your post and created a new one for you as your problem has nothing to do with the problem the subject of the original thread;
    2. deleted your wife's email address: this is a public forum and you don't want that sort of thing posted here.

1P5 doesn't use a "licence number": it uses a licence file. Take a look at this knowledge base article which explains all about the "trial expired" message and see if it helps.

If it doesn't help do please post again and someone will provide more assistance.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mike.oneal,

For the same reason that Stephen mentioned, I've also changed your forum username so it doesn't include your full email address.

I'm sorry for any confusion about the Trial Expired message and your license! Did the link from Stephen's message help? If not, please let us know - we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.