Non-English versions of OneDrive

Options
MobiusOne
MobiusOne
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Hi guys,

It is not possible to synchronise the .opvault container, on OneDrive, with the phone version of 1Password Alpha. When you are using a different language then English on OneDrive, the folder structure on OneDrive is wrong. The Alpha version creates the folder structure "Apps/1Password Alpha". The german OneDrive creates the folder structure "Anwendungen/1Password Alpha". The phone can't find the opvault file in de german version.

When I rename "Anwendungen" to "Apps", synchronisation is working.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for letting us know, @MobiusOne!

• Hi @MobiusOne, we are using language independent way to access app folder (we actually query like this https://api.onedrive.com/v1.0/drive/special/approot/children?select=id,name&orderby=name). This app folder is created by OneDrive first time we access it.

Can you describe your setup in more details please? What devices are you using with OneDrive, what languages are set on each device? Did you run alpha on English tablet first and then run alpha on German phone next?

• MobiusOne
    MobiusOne
    Community Member
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile: Sure, my setup is:
    - Surface Pro 3, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 German
    - Nokia Lumia 930, Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1 German
    - OneDrive, German

I have added my OneDrive account in the phone version of 1Password Alpha 2. The app creates the folder "Anwendungen" (german for Apps, this folder didn't exist before) in the root directory of OneDrive. The folder "1Password Alpha" is created inside "Anwendungen". I copied the file/folder "1Password.opvault from DropBox to OneDrive/Anwendungen/1Password Alpha.

Back on the Phone, 1Password Alpha can't find a legal opvault file in OneDrive. In the next step I created manually the folder OneDrive/Apps/1Password Alpha and copied the opvault file inside. The phone version still can't find a opvault file. In the last step I manually renamed the folder "Anwendungen" to "Apps". 1Password Alpha now finds a opvault file in OneDrive and I can see my entries.

I think that OneDrive (API) creates the Apps folder in the language of the account from the user. How does 1Password Alpha access the OneDrive folder, is it programmed to use "Apps/1Password Alpha" or is it using "approot/1Password Alpha"? With approot I mean something as the %USERPROFILE% variable on Windows.

• SergeyTheAgile
    edited April 2015
    Options

We use app/special/approot which is similar to %USERPROFILE% on Windows, no Anwendungen or Apps are encoded in 1Password.

We are trying to reproduce and figure out what's happening there.

This discussion has been closed.