items missing in .opvault created from .agilekeychain [known but not yet solved]

Options
lutz
lutz
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

You describe that we Need to convert all data to .opvault (https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/39875/)

You say: "some items may not make the Transition"
Are you work on a solution here or?

If i convert my vault - 30-40% are not convertable

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015
    Options

We're working to determine where the problem occurs (export to 1PIF, import from 1PIF, or simply display).

Once that's determined, priority will be assigned and resources allocated.

In the meantime, consider your OPvault a "snapshot" of your AgileKeychain data (assuming you're using 1Password for Windows). As stated elsewhere:

CAUTION:

• ...some items may not make the transition from .agilekeychain through 1PIF to .opvault, so DO NOT discard or stop using your .agilekeychain folder in 1Password for Windows! We apologize for the inconvenience.

• 1PIF is a plain-text format, so your data IS NOT encrypted. Be sure to delete the 1PIF file securely!

• lutz
    lutz
    Community Member
    Options

Is the OPvault your new standard?
    So i can use keychain at the moment and if your convertion is stable there are a softwareupdate that convert all to opvault?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited April 2015
    Options

Is the OPvault your new standard?

Yes, though not all products across the 1Password line use it, yet.

...i can use keychain at the moment

With the cautions cited in my comment above, and elsewhere, yes.

...if your convertion is stable...

I would not call the 1Password for Windows mechanism—export to 1PIF, create new .opvault, import 1PIF—"stable" because not all items make it through the process, and we have not yet identified the problem. I believe the 1Password 5 for Mac mechanism to be dependable.

...there are a softwareupdate that convert all to opvault?

At this time there is no dedicated "conversion" mechanism.

If you're coming from 1Password for Windows, I still recommend you make an OPvault copy of your data, however incomplete it may be, and use that to experiment with 1Password for Windows Modern, but continue using your existing .agilekeychain folder as your "live" 1Password vault.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

This discussion has been closed.