Password to unlock

Options
itt
itt
Community Member

Thought my fingerprint worked as password and now can not open as I don't remember numbers.

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @itt,

Touch ID is not a replacement for your Master Password. Please see this guide:

Why am I only asked for my fingerprint sometimes, and not each time I open 1Password?

As for your forgotten Master Password, we have a guide on that as well:

I lost or forgot my Master Password. Help!

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• itt
    itt
    Community Member
    Options

OK, I have tried everything so I guess I have to start from scratch (this time I guaranty not to forget the password. First question is whether it is easier to start on the computer than on the IOS device? Next, do I throw away the app I have and start from scratch to set up another account? How do I get rid of the previous app?

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @itt,

Do you have your data synced between your iOS and your computer? If so, do you still remember the Master Password on your computer? Hopefully so, because then your data won't be lost.

Here's the Starting Over guide for iOS. After you follow those steps and get 1Password reinstalled, set it up as a new user and then sync your new empty vault to the existing vault from your computer.

We look forward to hearing how that works for you!

• itt
    itt
    Community Member
    Options

I did my last one on my IOS device (Phone). If I buy the computer version, can I sink it to that or should I start as you suggest from scratch on an IOS device and then try to sink to the old one.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@itt,

Sorry I misinterpreted your reply as indicating you already had 1Password on your computer. Before you forgot the Master Password, had you synced your data anywhere with iCloud or Dropbox?

This discussion has been closed.