Duplicate Logins or passwords, problems logging into websites

Options
wallykwan
wallykwan
Community Member
edited April 2015 in Mac

Is there not a phone number that I can call to get help? I am having difficulty with your program and rather than go back and forth a number of times with messaging, I believe that it would be easier to clear up over the phone. Please advise

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wallykwan,

We're a small team and don't have the means to provide inbound phone support, so we try our best to solve problems via forums or email if at all possible. A benefit of forum/email support is that you can work on the problem at your own pace. Also, it's often necessary to have someone send us a diagnostics report, or screenshots, or other information that cannot be sent over the phone. It also allows us to research questions if we don't have an immediate answer, and get back to you with the correct information.

Depending on the issue, we're usually able to solve things quickly here, but if you don't want to use these public forums, please feel free to email us at: support@agilebits.com

Whatever the problem is, I do hope we can help you to solve it soon! If you decide on using forum support, just describe the problem, and we'll take it from there. We're always happy to help! :)

• wallykwan
    wallykwan
    Community Member
    Options

okay I'll try it your way. I am getting very frustrated with your program. I downloaded the free version of your program for my iPhone and my 2 iPads and purchased it for my mac. Maybe i don't fully understand the benefit of the program, but what seems to be happening is that once I add a login, it seems to duplicate it and changes the password. What is the point of having both in the system. In addition, I thought that the main benefit of the program was so you could quickly access the account by opening one password and clicking on the intended account. When the program opens and I try to do this the password is rejected and after trying to do this a few times I'm locked off and have to reset the password. What is the point of this. I'm beginning to think that one password isn't everything it is cracked up to be.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wallykwan,

I'm sorry you're having these problems with 1Password! I'm sure we can help get this all sorted out for you.

once I add a login, it seems to duplicate it and changes the password.

That's certainly unusual. To make sure I understand, do you mean you create a Login item for a website, and once you save it, there are suddenly two Login items for the same website in 1Password? Or do you mean there are two password fields within the same Login item? I'm not sure exactly what you mean about it changing the password, do you mean you enter an existing password for a website account into a Login, but when you look at the Login in 1Password, it shows a completely different password?

Are you creating your Login items on your Mac or one of your iOS devices? In case it helps, please make sure you're creating/saving Logins by following the steps from one of these User Guide articles:

I thought that the main benefit of the program was so you could quickly access the account by opening one password and clicking on the intended account. When the program opens and I try to do this the password is rejected and after trying to do this a few times I'm locked off and have to reset the password.

Yes, 1Password should definitely be able to fill your login credentials on a website. On a Mac, it should also be able to automatically submit the login form after filling it. It sounds like 1Password is filling the login form, but the website tells you the password is wrong? To figure out why that's happening, let's try a few things on your Mac. First, open your web browser, go to the website, then copy and paste your username/password from the corresponding Login item in 1Password. Does that work, or does it still tell you the password is wrong?

If it works when you copy & paste your login credentials (or if you type them manually), but not when you have the extension fill them for you, please try manually saving a new Login for that site. Does the new Login item work correctly? If you're still having trouble logging into certain sites with 1Password, it might help if you can let us know some URLs for sites where you're having difficulty.

Thanks in advance!

• Plato
    Plato
    Community Member
    Options

@Drew_AG

I interpreted the statement to mean a second login item with a different password for the same web site. My WAG is that the OP is using 1P instead of 1P Mini to log in. I'm unable to explain more than that but it might trigger something in your mind.

• wallykwan
    wallykwan
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I'll try to clarify but again, I'm sure this would have been resolved by now if I had the opportunity to speak to someone over the phone. Nevertheless, here goes:
    1/ by adding a login I mean an additional company or contact. One password creates a duplicate login for the company with a regenerated password. I have used both but I primarily use my Macbook Pro to create the logins.
    2/ I tried opening the web browser, then the website for Audible as an example, Again, it indicated that there was a problem with my request when I tried copying and pasting my password; if I bypass one password I can get into my Audible account.

• Plato
    Plato
    Community Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

@wallykwan

For the record, I'm not affiliated with Agile. I'm a 1P user just like you.

Yes, you're probably correct. Unfortunately, as Drew indicated, Agile is a small company and they can't afford to dedicate a person or persons for voice technical support. Be a little patient and your problem WILL be resolved. My gut feel is that the cause is something silly.

I strongly suggest that you describe in nauseating detail the exact steps that you take in "adding a login."

Bear in mind that Agile could always do what other software companies do and subcontract their tech support to a company with employees that don't exactly have good English skills.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wallykwan,

You should have an email from us sitting in your inbox. I've used the email address you registered here in the forums. If you don't see the email please check your spam folder and if still nothing please do message me here on the forums.

As I'm moving your issue to email I'm going to go ahead and close this thread simply to avoid any confusion over multiple conversations.

This discussion has been closed.