I am a student. Can I purchase a legacy version of 1Password?

Hello,

Sorry if this gets posted twice.

I am a student running OS X Lion (don't want to upgrade to Yosemite for performance reasons). I see I can download 1Password from your Educational Store but can I get a legacy version of 1Password?

Also, I understand I can share my educational license with a member of my family. My partner has OS X 10.9.5 installed (doesn't want 10.10 for the same reasons) and would like to use 4.4.3 but I need 3.8.22. What should I do?

Thanks.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower
    Community Member
    edited April 2015

@lcorell61

Buy a copy of 1Password 5 from the store. The current version. 1Password version 3 is not sold as a product any longer.

Thats gives you a license for 1Password 5 and 1Password 4. You will also get a license for 1Password 3 too !

Thats license for 1Password 3 is suppose to be auto generated and included in the purchase details. If it would happen that it is not, all you would need to do would be to email the staff with the purchase details, invoice number etc and they can generate one for you.

Your partner could use the version 4 key and you can use the version 3 key. Additionally if you ever want to update to Yosemite and 1Password 5 you will have that license as well.

You can download the legacy versions on the downloads page, make sure to scroll to the bottom and select the proper version for each of your respective systems.

https://agilebits.com/downloads

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @lcorell61,

thightower is quite right, a single 1Password 5 licence will allow you to run anything from 1Password 3-5 on as many machines as you and your partner have. Obviously we recommend the latest version that each machine is compatible with simply to ensure you have as many bug fixes as possible but it's entirely up to you.

If you have any follow up questions arising from thightower's comprehensive post please do ask :smile:

This discussion has been closed.