Master Password not being accepted

Options
bhadfield
bhadfield
Community Member
edited April 2015 in Mac

I come into work every morning and log into my machine and then sign into 1Password which I use for everything. Some critical passwords and details are saved in it.
This morning my master password failed. I rebooted, tried other keyboards, reinstalled and tried an earlier backup. I tested the keys by printing the password in the clear. I'm upgrading my OS and trying a new version as I write. No problems discovered - my vault is lost.

So is my confidence in the application which I've given many glowing reviews. At this moment I regret them all.

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

Clearly what has happened to you is extremely trying. However, it will help us to help you if you give us more information.

1. What version of 1P are you running?
    2. Do you sync your 1P data to any other device and, if so, what device and what version of 1P do you run on that device?
    3. Have you recently changed your master password?

Stephen

• bhadfield
    bhadfield
    Community Member
    Options

Victory!!!! I upgraded my OS (to 10.10) and went to 1P version 5.3.
    Very scary morning but my it's already a distant memory. 1Password rules!

(Fickle User)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bhadfield,

That's fantastic news, I'm very happy it's working again now! I don't know why it was a problem in the first place, but it's possible that simply restarting your Mac took care of that. But whatever worked, I'm glad it did! :)

We're here for you if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.