Feature request: More print options (more info per page)

Options
user007
user007
Community Member
edited April 2015 in Mac

A more condensed way to print passwords. Present method takes too many pages. Perhaps a spreadsheet format.. Let's save some paper and the Planet.

Comments

• Plato
    Plato
    Community Member
    Options

@user007

Good idea.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @user007,

We can't disagree. As @plato is well aware the print option could use some love.

Until we get around to improving this aspect of 1Password, does the following help at all?

I realise it's nowhere near as elegant as it ought to be (in contrast to a few print options built into the application) but it should at least allow you to reach your end goal without waiting for us.

Let us know what you think :smile:

ref: OPM-1941

• Plato
    Plato
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables

That's as ugly as an ape. The big negative for me is that I'm leaving a printout in the safety deposit box for others to read when I'm identified as the "decedent" (dead guy). This export solution results in a printout that isn't very reader friendly. In my case, I'll keep killing trees and printing the normal way from 1P.

If it's not obvious, I'm hoping that you can improve the print option without losing any of the clarity.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @user007 and @Plato,

There's a print option that should help you fit more data on each page. When you choose the Print option in 1Password, click the Show Details button in the print settings. Then look for the Layout settings in one of the drop-down menus (I needed to click on Media & Quality and change it to Layout). That should show more settings, including Pages per Sheet. Choosing more pages per sheet will fit more of your items on each page, and therefore use fewer pages to print all your information.

I'm not actually positive if that option will appear for everyone, or if it depends on the printer being used. But it's definitely something to look for as I think it will be helpful in this situation.

• Plato
    Plato
    Community Member
    Options

@Drew_AG

That worked for me. I set it for two pages per sheet, which obviously cut my total sheets in half. The font size is a bit small but entirely satisfactory. I tried four pages per sheet and the font size is real small but still readable. If absolutely necessary 4:1 will work but, for me, the reduction from twenty sheets to ten sheets is all that I need.

I had previously tried to print double-sided but that option was not available for me. I tried to get fancy and I saved as a pdf and then tried to print the pdf double-sided but still no good. Clearly I can't speak for the others but, for me, your solution is all that I need. Thanks.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You're welcome @Plato! I'm glad that was helpful. Now if you're feeling really adventurous, try setting it to 16 pages per sheet, then see if you can read it with a magnifying glass. :lol:

• Plato
    Plato
    Community Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

@Drew_AG

:-))

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:sunglasses:

• jpw
    jpw
    Community Member
    Options

Using the built in printing 2:1 and 4:1 options are helpful but having an option within 1Password to use a smaller font would be better.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi @jpw (and @user007 and @Plato),

I'm almost ready to release an external tool to print out your 1Password entries. Have a look here to see if you might be interested.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I think you're going to have some big fans there @MrC :smile:

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Options

Fans - see this post if you need to print out your data.

This discussion has been closed.