Mac Vault Backup to Windows? [Sync your vault instead of restoring from the backup]

Options
emrlabs
emrlabs
Community Member
edited April 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I've had 1 Password on my Mac and now just purchased the Windows version of 1 Password. How do I import my vault from my Mac to my Windows computer? I've tried every backup, restore and import-export and I can't get my vault on my Windows computer. How can I do this?
Thanks.

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

How can I do this?

Please do not use backups for this. Our advice is to sync your vault. You can use Dropbox for this.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @emrlabs,

To expand on what Stefan said, the backups from the Mac app aren't compatible with the Windows application. There are a few ways around this, one of which is to sync between your Mac and Windows applications if you're going to use the same data between both computers. You don't have to use Dropbox just for this, there is also Folder Sync if you use your own syncing tool for both desktops.

The last method is something we wouldn't recommend doing but you can export the data from the Mac app to import it in the Windows application. The safer option is to use the Folder Sync in the Mac app to create the sync file that you can manually copy to the PC as the Windows application can read that file directly. Once everything works, you can just disable the Folder Sync afterward.

This discussion has been closed.