Regarding the license

C.Y.Wu
C.Y.Wu
Community Member

Hi, Sir,
I purchased the 1 Password 4 for Mac from the The Premium Mac Bundle provided by Parallels. My order number is 56078800 by cleverbridge electronic order. Recently, my 1 Password 4 is upgraded to 1 Password 5 and I found it require me to purchase the license again. Isn't the upgrading free? I check the release note. It claims the upgrading from 1 Password4 to 1 Password5 is free. Am I right? How can I solve this problem? Please give me a hand. Thank you!

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @C.Y.Wu,

Yes, you are correct - if you have a license for 1Password 4 for Mac, the upgrade to 1Password 5 for Mac is absolutely free. I'm sorry you're having some trouble with that!

If you received a license for 1Password 4 for Mac with the Parallels bundle, you don't need to make a new purchase for version 5, you just need to add your license file for 1Password (the same license file is used for 4 and 5). There was actually a bug in 1Password 4 for Mac where, in certain cases, an unregistered/trial copy would not expire or ask for your license file. That was fixed in version 5, so that could explain why you may have just started to see a Trial Expired message recently.

We don't have access to Cleverbridge orders, but when you made that purchase, they should have sent you an email with license information about the products included in the bundle, including a link to download your license file for 1Password 4 for Mac. If you still have that email, you should be able to find and click on that link to download the license file and add it to 1Password 5.

If you can't find the right link in that email (or cannot find the email), please send us an email with a copy of your Cleverbridge order or receipt, and we'll be able to help find your license file so you can activate 1Password. You can send that email to this address: support+licenses@agilebits.com

Please include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots". A short note here once you've sent the email will help us to keep an eye out for it. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.