Sync not working

shelholtz
shelholtz
Community Member

Hi. I've had 1Password on my Galaxy S5 and it has worked fine. I moved to an S6 Edge, but it's not grabbing all the logins when it syncs with Dropbox. The only logins showing are those I've created since installing the app; nothing from before. All the logins appear to be in the Dropbox folder, and everything syncs fine across my computers. Help?

Comments

• Hey @shelholtz. We are sorry to hear about the problems you’re experiencing with Dropbox sync on your Samsung Galaxy S6 and we would love to help you resolve it. Could you send us a diagnostic report from your Android device? It will really help us get a better understanding of your Android environment and device settings. Please follow these instructions to create the report and we will take a look into it.

I'd also like to ask you to try to log into 1PasswordAnywhere and see if all of your logins look okay there. To do so, log into https://www.dropbox.com in a web browser and open the 1Password.html file in the 1Password.agilekeychain you're syncing to in Dropbox.

• shelholtz
    shelholtz
    Community Member

Hi, @saad. Sorry to be a while getting back to you; I was on the road for business.
    I opened the Dropbox .html file. No, only the passwords showing up in the app are showing up there. I have well over 100 entries in 1Password; only 8 are appearing there. Yet everything is syncing fine between my desktop and my laptop.
    As hopeless as this sounds, I can't find the Settings option. I've checked "More" and the sub-menu (the 3 dots). There's Preferences and Update Sync Settings, but I can't find a regular settings option to save my life.

• Hey @shelholtz. Thanks for the update. It sounds like your changes aren't making it through to Dropbox, which explains why you're unable to pull those changes onto the Android.

Are your laptop and desktop Macs or PCs? I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports from your Android device as well as the laptop and desktop, so that we can figure out where the problem is happening:

Mac: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html
    Windows: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/win.html
    Android: https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/android.html

Then attach the files to an email to us: support+android@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

A short note here once you've sent the Report in will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• shelholtz
    shelholtz
    Community Member

Thanks, Peri. I have the Windows file ready to send ut the problem I noted earlier is still a problem: There is no "settings" option in my 1Password Android app. There's search, lock, exit, sync, and more. Under "more", there' Update Sync Settings, Preferences, Help, What's New, Feedback, and About. Preferences does not give me access to any email diagnostics. Can you help me figure out why I can't get to settings?

• Hey @shelholtz. Sorry about that!

It sounds like you might be using the outdated version of 1Password for Android--1Password Reader. What version number is listed when you tap "About?"

• shelholtz
    shelholtz
    Community Member

Version number is 1.8.5.2

• Ahhh. I see. That explains it!

Indeed, you are running the old 1Password Reader on your Android. We have a newer version out called 1Password 4, which is available in the Play Store. All of the same features that you have now on the Reader will remain free in 1Password 4, but there's also the optional in-app purchase of premium features which will give you added capabilities.

Please open the Play Store on your S6 and install 1Password 4 from there. Then configure sync to Dropbox. Once you've done that, you should be able to send in the report.

Thanks again!

• shelholtz
    shelholtz
    Community Member

Installing the latest app seems to have solved the problem. Strange, since I've only had the phone for a week; you'd think it would install the most recent version. Anyway, thanks!

• That's great news! I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get everything syncing properly again. :)

Let us know if 1Password gives you any more trouble. Have a nice rest of your weekend!

This discussion has been closed.