Cannot view 1Password content on Apple Watch, even though I'm "Pro"

2»

Comments

• kgolden
    kgolden
    Community Member

I think the solution may be easier than most are jumping to (total uninstall, reinstall, reset, reboot, etc. etc.)
    First, try going into the settings for 1Password (in the app, not the iPhone settings).
    Look for Apple Watch and tap that.
    If "Enable Apple Watch" is already on, turn it off. Then turn it back on, set your PIN, wait a minute for iPhone and Apple Watch to sync, then try the 1Password app on the watch again. If that doesn't work, then revert back to the reinstall method which will almost certainly work.

Hope this helps everybody.

• Thanks for the simpler troubleshooting tip, @kgolden!

• canuckgal
    canuckgal
    Community Member
    edited July 2015

I'm having this same problem, and tweeted to the dev yesterday.

The reply: send diagnostic logs.

I did as asked.

I received the expected auto-reply.

I read the reply!

And based on that, I searched the forums and found this article. The solution that worked for me was deleting and reinstalling the app on my iPhone; simply uninstalling and reinstalling the app from the watch did not.

I have since tweeted to say, the reply to my initial tweet should have acknowledged the known bug, and sent me directly to this article in the forum.

I am well aware that sometimes, devs and engineers forget to inform support of known bugs and suggested workarounds etc - their focus (and rightly so) is on fixing things, and sometimes communication isn't 100%.

BUT: it's one thing for support not to have been informed. It's another thing altogether when something IS a known bug because of a forum discussion that included at least one staffer - and yet, the issue is not in the bug tracker.

Wouldn't you agree?

• Hi @canuckgal!

I'm sorry the person you interacted with on Twitter this weekend wasn't quite sure how to approach your problem with the Pro features not enabling 1Password for Apple Watch. Apple Watch is still relatively new, and as a support team, we’re still familiarizing ourselves with the platform. For those of us who don’t have a Watch, it can be particularly difficult to visualize what a user is seeing.

This is compounded a bit more on Twitter, as whoever is working it has to field issues from all platforms, and the conversations are restricted to 140 characters - which doesn’t allow for much explanation (of either the problem or the potential resolutions). In the forums, each category is maintained by support team members who are familiar with the platform, and there’s a lot more room to explain what you’re seeing in detail.

I, however, do have one, and I’m more than happy to dig into this issue.

The solution that worked for me was deleting and reinstalling the app on my iPhone; simply uninstalling and reinstalling the app from the watch did not.

That's very useful information! In most cases removing and reinstalling 1Password for Apple Watch should work, but I can see where reinstalling 1Password for iPhone may be necessary.

It's another thing altogether when something IS a known bug because of a forum discussion that included at least one staffer - and yet, the issue is not in the bug tracker.

I'm not sure why you were told the issue is not in the bug tracker, because it certainly is. We have this issue logged as OPI-2854 in our tracker. What happened is that the items were not displaying because in some rare cases the Watch PIN does not transmit over on the Bluetooth connection, so we can't display any encrypted contents. Reinstalling the Watch app usually helps, but there is a note on it saying sometimes the iPhone app needs reinstallation.

I hope this information helps out. We care greatly about improving 1Password and feedback from users like you is crucial in ensuring 1Password is the best that it can be. Thank you for helping out! We're really looking forward to watchOS 2 with native apps this fall. Native app support means that the Watch itself will be able to handle the processing of some tasks, which will make 1Password for Apple Watch a bit more graceful.

ref: OPI-2854

This discussion has been closed.