android smartphone plus ipad mini. I bought 1password in android. Do I have to buy it also in IOS?

Options
SalutambT
SalutambT
Community Member

Good morning. My smartphone is Android. My tablet is IOS. I use 1password in both. I bought it for Android but my IOS 1password is asking me to buy it too.
Do I have to buy it in IOS too? I'd like you to tell me how can I do to have it ful-pro in IOS if I bought in for Android.
Thank you

Comments

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

Yes. 1Password is licensed per platform.

• SalutambT
    SalutambT
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for your answer. They won't syncronize between them then, I suppose, if one is pro and the other is not. I think it would be correct to be able to have pro-versions in all platforms if you've already bought the application. Tell me if you do it someday, in order to install it again. I'll have to delete it from IOS

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member
    Options

You can sync them but if you'll only be able to use the pro features on your Android devices.
    https://support.1password.com/sync-options/#dropbox-for-vault-sharing-and-cross-platform-sync

The idea of licensing separately is so that you only pay for the platforms you're using.

• Vee_AG
    Vee_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @SalutambT,

RichardPayne is right, 1Password is a "freemium" app in both iOS and Android. However, even the free versions in each will allow you to sync and access all your saved items.

To learn more about iOS pro features, please have a look at the Pro Features FAQ in our knowledgebase. I hope this clarifies things a bit.

Thanks for your interest in using 1Password across platforms! :) We're here to help if you have any further questions.

This discussion has been closed.