New Browser Extensions, after 4.2. do not work (TLS issue?) [following up through email]

Options
micste
micste
Community Member
edited May 2015 in Mac

I have my telebanking APP, to fill out by 1PAssword (already since years). Since I upgraded to 4.3.x it does not work any more - there is no login attempt recognized at the bank, but the browser instead oben a new tab saying
1. * "Safari is not able to Connect to the server"
2. "https://xxxthe-IPxxx/https-security-layer-request"
... this happens in Safari (Version 8.0.6.), as well as Chrome (both browsers latest Version & OSX (10.10.3) also latest version)

I tryed to troubleshoot myself
1. did uninstall the Extension
2. downgraded to Extension 4.2.x
3. erstarrtet MAC
4. it worked again

Now stubidly, when reminded by 1 password to upgrade - I did - HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM again!

Currentyl I run 1password versions

• 5.4.beta 13
  • Extension 4.3.1

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @micste,

I could be wrong but it sounds more like you're saying the issue is with the 1Password Browser Extension.

If you downgrade to the 4.2.5 extension it works but if you update and user a newer one you're saying Safari can't connect to the server.

I see you've blanked out part of the URL for your bank. If it's a publicly accessible login page we'd love to see if we can replicate the issue here. If you're uncomfortable discussing this in our public forums we can take it to email if you prefer. I think being able to replicate your issue will help us a lot in understanding though so if possible that's what I'd love to see us do.

If you can confirm this is an extension issue I'll move this thread over to Mac so as to not confuse anybody and if you want to take it to email just say and we can do that too.

• micste
    micste
    Community Member
    Options
    • Yes you´re right with 4.2.5 (I believe it was this version) .... than it worked again!
    • The URL is a Publicity available one.
    • Yes, please let´s continue conversation per mail (Who contacts whom?)
    • Yes, move it over to the place, where it should be!
  • littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @micste,

I've responded to your message :smile:

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @micste,

A colleague has notified my of your email and I shall respond to you there.

As we're now communicating via email I'm going to go ahead and close this thread but if you have any further questions or issues please do post.

ref: DUS-97421-577

This discussion has been closed.