1Password shuts down immediately after opening on both my IPad and IPhone.

Options
Pcosta
Pcosta
Community Member

1Password shuts down immediately after opening on both my IPad and IPhone. The only thing that could be related to it was that I had to re-install my dropbox on my PC, but don't know how to solve it.

Comments

• Pcosta
    Pcosta
    Community Member
    Options

Why is it closed? I don't have an answer?

• Pcosta
    Pcosta
    Community Member
    Options

I have re-installed 1Password on both my Iphone and my Ipad and the problem of shutting down continues? What should I do?

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi @Pcosta,

I'm sorry for the confusion - our forum does things a little bit strangely sometimes. Your thread is still open, but it was moved from the Mac category to the iOS category (just to keep things organized). While it is displaying as 'closed' in the Mac category, you're still able to make new posts to this thread (and it correctly displays as active in the iOS category.)

Let's see what we can do to get things straightened out for you. In order to get this sorted out, I'll need to know a little bit more about your 1Password ecosystem:

• What is the version number of 1Password that you have installed? (Please include all relevant computers and devices)
    • What is the version number of your operating system (for all computers and devices)?

I'd also like some more information on what you are seeing in 1Password on your iOS devices:

• What exactly are the steps that you are taking to open 1Password on your iOS devices? (Please include what you expect to happen, and what actually happens at each step).
    • Are you seeing an error message?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get you sorted out! :)

• Pcosta
    Pcosta
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan,
    I use 1Password with a number of computers and IOS devices. The only one that I can access at this point is on Windows system 8.1 , 1password version 4.5.0.572.
    on my Iphone it is IOS 8.3, not sure about the 1Password version because it shut down before I can do anything
    on my IPad it is IOS 8.3, 1Password is 5.4.1
    on my IMac it runs OS X Yosemite, version 10.10.3, 1Password is 5.3 (530032)
    a couple of things that may be relevant (or not)
    In the last couple of days I downloaded and installed in the IMac the latest version of 1Password
    In my windows system something happened with my dropbox and I had to re-install it. (it still shows the agile link)

In my Ipad and my IPhone, sometimes even before I input the password to open it, it tells me that the app has closed and do I want to send a report to Agile (which I always do)
    on my IMac, I input the password, it opens for a second and the doors slide shut and I get the same dialog box asling if I want to send a report to Agile.

I have removed and reinstalled the 1Password App for both my Iphone and Ipad and it did not help.

Hope you have enough to identify what has happened and how to resolve it. I really depend on 1Password to manage my affairs (about 300 logins) and need to figure out how to solve this.

Thank you
    Paulo

• Pcosta
    Pcosta
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Megan, any news?

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Pcosta,

I'd like to ask you to create some Diagnostics Reports, one from each of your devices.

—Mac—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/mac.html

—iOS—
    https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

I understand you may not be able to get one from the iPhone.

Then attach the files to an email to us: support+forum@agilebits.com

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can quickly track down the Report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

Ben

• Pcosta
    Pcosta
    Community Member
    Options

Somehow it just got fixed as of this morning.
    Thank you

• Ben
    Options

Interesting! Thanks for the update. If it starts happening again please see above. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.