Muut login popup -> No 1P item in the right-click menu [A bug in Firefox atm]

esvl
esvl
Community Member
edited May 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi

On Windows 8 (it works on Mac), when I try to use 1P in the login popup open by the Muut system, 1P is not present.
I try using 1P when commenting a post on a website, for example this one:
http://www.macplus.net/test-83771-tripmode-le-gendarme-de-vos-partages-de-connexion-sur-os-x
(again, this works on Mac, not on Windows)

Thank you!

Comments

• MikeT
    edited May 2015

Hi @evsl,

Can you tell us which browser you're using on Windows 8?

Does it work if you try to use the shortcut instead: Control + \ or Control + Alt +\?

It does open up via the shortcut for me in Internet Explorer.

• esvl
    esvl
    Community Member

Sorry MikeT for my late answer. You'll have all the info about this validated issue here: http://urlgone.com/ef3d02/
    (sorry for the ad. of the URL expiration service - URL will expire in 30d)

• MikeT
    edited May 2015

Hi @esvl,

Your tweets did not answer the question about the shortcuts. I know the guys on Twitter said we can reproduce it, I can as well but it is not an issue we can work around at the moment. The browser opened up a pop-up window, this is a window that has restrictions, it won't show any extensions on the toolbar, not just 1Password. It also interferes with the contextual menu support, this is a bug in Firefox or in their Add-on SDK when we last tested it. Some extensions are able to bypass this bug but we weren't able to, this might be because they don't use the same SDK as we do.

Usually, the workaround is to press the shortcut. I tested this in Firefox and it works there as well, please try it.

• esvl
    esvl
    Community Member
    edited May 2015

Okey Mike. I am trying tomorrow and I will let you know. Thanks in advance.

• Thanks!

• esvl
    esvl
    Community Member

Hi Mike
    The shortcuts have no effect (if this counts FYI I have a french keyboard, using Firefox). I can have the contextual menu in this window with a right click, but the "1Password" item is not present. With Chrome, those shortcuts don't work neither, but in the contextual menu (open w/ right-click) I have the 1P item.

• Hi @esvl,

Chrome doesn't have the bug with the contextual menu, that's why you see it there. When you select 1Password with Chrome's contextual menu, did it fill in?

On the other sites you use in normal browser windows, does pressing the shortcut work in either browsers?

If not, you may need to change your shortcut. To do this, open the main 1Password program, unlock and press the Preferences button to go to the Logins section. On the bottom, you can change your shortcut.

After changing the shortcut, try again and see if it works.

• esvl
    esvl
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT
    The shortcut was not working. I was in 4.5.0.??? and I have upgraded to 4.5.0.574. Now the shortcut tries to fill-in the form, but only the password field is automatically entered. Not the ID/Email field (for the Muut login popup open when trying to comment in the above website). This behavior was/is independant of the browser: chrome or firefox.

• Hi @Esvl,

You may need to re-save the Login on Muut's main login page to see if it can work better.

To do this, open up that login page again in the popup window. This time, enter your data manually, both the email and password but do not submit the form. Press Control + Alt + \ to bring up 1Password's menu and go to the Settings > Save New Login and save it as a new Login item.

See if this new Login item works and if yes, you can delete the older Login item.

This discussion has been closed.