Amazon login radio button changes to "No, I'm a new customer"

Options

This problem still persists. I am new to 1Password and recently purchased 1Password 5. I followed the instructions to solve this issue in the link below, but the problem is not solved. I am using Safari 8.0.6 on OS X 10.10.3.

**"Everytime when I try to login to Amazon (com, co.uk, de, fr) I'll press the shortcut and the radio button jumps from "Yes, I have a password:" to "No, I am a new customer." Even tho 1Password fills in my username and password, but just not that radio button.
I checked some settings in 1Password and checked the 'web form details', but no solution.

It's very annoying that it doesn't login automatically and that I have to change the radio button from No, I am a new customer to Yes I have a password and than have to click on sign in.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?"**

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/23651/amazon-login-radio-button-changes-to-no-im-a-new-customer-resolved-by-saving-new-login-item

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mike7,

Can I just confirm please that when you followed the steps in How to manually save a Login that you created a new Login item rather than trying to update an existing one. There is a report that we're still following up where the state of items such as radio buttons and checkboxes aren't updated when you update a Login. Creating an entirely new Login item will properly record their current state and should work.

Please do let us know if this isn't the case and we'll work with you to pin down the cause :smile:

• Mike7
    Mike7
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, that is correct. I have created new, test logins (Amazon2, Amazon3, etc.) manually. When attempting to use them, they do not save the "Yes, I have a password" radio button state on Amazon's main sign in page. Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mike7,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I've done a bit of rummaging about and our performance with radio buttons has dropped. We introduced a new filling logic (or brain) and this is an area we need to improve. Even medium term the new filling logic will allow us to do a lot of things better so I hope you can bear with us while we tweak it

Now none of that helps you right now but there are two workarounds.

The easiest of the two is create what I would call a basic Login item, one where you create it from within the main 1Password window instead of using the browser extension. A basic item has no concept of the Login page and simply guesses at how to fill a Login page using the supplied username and password. You would then copy the URL from either any of your existing Login items or straight from a browser tab where you have the Amazon login page open into the website field. The basic item works for me, it correctly fills both the email address (as the username) and the password and doesn't touch the radio button.

The other way is more geeky and involves tweaking the JSON before reimporting the edited version. If you're interested I can tell you how but the above suggestion works and will seem a bit less 'hacky'.

Please do let us know how you get along and if that did help or not :smile:

• Mike7
    Mike7
    Community Member
    Options

I appreciate the quick responses and taking the time to look into this issue. I am looking forward to the improved filling logic. For now, I will experiment with the work arounds you suggested. Thanks!!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

As we all are :smile:

Let us know if you have any troubles.

• Mike7
    Mike7
    Community Member
    Options

Creating the basic login as you described seems to work best. Being new to 1Password5, I was simply just creating my logins from the browser extension. Is it a better practice to create basic logins from within the 1Password app as opposed to utilizing the browser extension to save new logins??

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Mike7,

You are actually using 1Password properly. The benefit of creating a Login item via the browser (like you've been doing) is it can see the page it will later need to work on. It can see the forms it has to fill, record their IDs etc. So normally an item created via the browser should have a much better success rate at filling given it relies on knowing the page rather than guessing. Guessing is what the basic item does. It knows it has a username and password but no idea what page they apply to or if anything else is required.

Unfortunately we aren't doing very well with radio buttons as you've discovered. So much so that you're better off, for the moment, in creating a Login item that doesn't know about them at all. Obviously there is only one proper fix but until we have that implemented at least the basic item works.

So I would say do as you've been doing. If you find creating an item from within the browser doesn't work then it can be worth trying to basic item to see if it behaves any differently. It may behave better or it might not improve matters. Sometimes it takes a fair amount of tinkering to get a working Login which is one of the ways we can help you here in the forums. If you do visit the forums to ask about a particular site it serves two purposes, it alerts us to a specific site we currently don't work with as well as we could and we can try help create a functional Login item or workaround until the filling logic improves :smile:

• Karlwa
    Karlwa
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having a similar issue on another site.

The issue is that there's a "register" radio button, and I'd like 1password to remember to set it to 0. It doesn't, and even when editing the web form details I can't set the type as "radio" and other types (e.g. number or checkbox) won't work.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Karlwa,

The workaround I suggested above, the creation of a basic Login item from within the main 1Password window, will work here as well. It's the exact same issue we're having with Amazon and that we still need to address. If you create a basic Login item and set the URL to http://www.spurscommunity.co.uk/index.php?login/ then I think you should find the basic Login item works properly and doesn't alter the state of the radio button. I do apologise and once we've got a couple of very pressing matters resolved with the extension I do hope our developers will look at this next.

This discussion has been closed.