Confused - Sudden Sync Conflict Errors, file adds

Options
drchevalier
drchevalier
Community Member

Hey folks. For quite some time I have been using 1Password across five Macs to keep passwords up to date using Dropbox as the syncing location. I purchased my license directly from Agilebits so I do not have an iCloud option.

Yesterday I built up a new old Mac for the studio to use as a capture device for tethered shooting and as I always do, installed 1Password and Dropbox on this machine. It started syncing and everything seemed ok.

Last night, a Macbook Air 11" crashed hard because its hard drive was full. Since I had not added anything of consequence over the course of the day, I was surprised, moreso when the machine crashed so hard I had to wipe it completely and start over. One thing I had noticed was that the keychain had grown enormous.

Today, I was working on the video editing station and noticed a near endless stream of notifications of updates and conflicts with these really long filenames in 1Password. They would update, then say there was a conflict, then update over and over and over.

I browsed the forum and it suggested stopping syncing via Dropbox so I followed the procedure, waited and then restarted. No more notifications and the agilekeychain was only 2.4mb in size but I am now getting notifications about new files regularly being added to Dropbox. When I inspect them, they are all inside the 1password.agilekeychain/data/default folder in the 1Password folder on my Dropbox.

I don't know what all these files are. Should I be concerned? Should I expect another filled disk? Whenever I have added a machine, I have always clicked to sync by Dropbox and pointed it at the folder. and never had a problem. Have I hit a machine limit? It's not like I am working at all six machines at the same time (two at a time max and for very different applications).

I had also noticed that Dropbox's icon was showing a near permanent sync state, although it has finally stabilized. Please advise if I have missed a step somewhere or if there is some other action that needs doing. I did check the tools menu but the version I have does not have a conflict management option. 1Password is also installed on 2 iPads and 1 iPhone, all syncing via the same Dropbox location.

Thank you kindly,

Ross

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Ross,

Given the nature of the issue, the quickest route to the root of the issue might be through a diagnostic report. If you've been looking inside the 1Password.agilekeychain folder and you've seen files with the word conflict in the filename then you might have also seen computer names in there too. If one computer name stands out as being more common then we'd really like to see a diagnostic report from that machine and say one other? If there isn't an obvious trend then a sample of diagnostic reports may shed some light.

I would like you to create the following Diagnostic Reports, one for each device. The following guides will assist.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

If you email us the first diagnostic report to support+ forum@agilebits.com you will get an automated reply with a ticket ID in the message. If you add the other diagnostic reports in a reply to this message it will keep all of them linked for ease.

Once you've sent in the reports, a post here with the ticket ID will help us to keep an eye out for it. :)

Hopefully we can figure out what is going on.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @drchevalier,

Your emails were brought to my attention and I've replied to you.

As we're now talking via email I'm going to go ahead and close this thread but if you have any further questions or issues please do post.

ref: WIC-23492-428

This discussion has been closed.