Message on startup: You are launching this application for the first time...

editortom
editortom
Community Member
edited December 1969 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac
Periodically at night I lose my wifi connection. When I try to launch 1Password after such an event, the application says "You are launching this application for the first time. Are you sure you want to do this?" Or something to that effect.

Why does it keep thinking I'm launching for the first time, and does this indicate a deeper lurking problem waiting to explode at an inopportune time?

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS
    Community Member
    edited December 1969
    editortom wrote:
    Periodically at night I lose my wifi connection. When I try to launch 1Password after such an event, the application says "You are launching this application for the first time. Are you sure you want to do this?" Or something to that effect.

Why does it keep thinking I'm launching for the first time, and does this indicate a deeper lurking problem waiting to explode at an inopportune time?

It's OS X's way of verifying that you don't run something as an application that you might not realize. Where do you have 1Password installed? It would seem to me that perhaps you're still running it from one of the distribution DMGs or something else that's read-only.
This discussion has been closed.