Can't transfer my data from my mobile device into 1Password on my computers

DarrenShaw
DarrenShaw
Community Member
edited May 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

can someone help sort out my 1password access. I can get in on my phone and can't get into it on my desk top or laptop. Frustrated!

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@DarrenShaw I'm sorry to hear your're frustrated. First things first. Have you downloaded and installed 1Password on your desktop or laptop? If not, then please download and install it here.

Assuming you already have 1Password on your iPhone and now want access to your vault on your desktop or laptop, my advice is to use Dropbox. Please download and install Dropbox on your desktop or laptop here.

Now that you have 1Password plus Dropbox on your desktop of laptop, it is time to turn on Dropbox sync on your iPhone. Instructions are here.

Please let us know how it worked out. Thanks!

• Hi @DarrenShaw,

Just to clarify, 1Password is not a subscription service nor do we store any of your data. There is no 1Password account to sign in, everything is locally stored in a vault file you create with 1Password on your mobile device. To get your data from your mobile device to your computers, you have to copy or sync your vault files to your computers for 1Password to let you unlock your data.

• DarrenShaw
    DarrenShaw
    Community Member

there is a master password. it works on my iphone not on my desktop and laptop. I have had it on all my devises since I purchased 1password

• Hi @DarrenShaw,

So you are syncing your data between all devices and computers, right? If yes, how are you syncing, with Wi-Fi or with Dropbox?

Did you recently change your master password?

• DarrenShaw
    DarrenShaw
    Community Member

syncing with Wi-Fi I guess...I don't remember making a decision between the two. I have not changed my master password. It worked on all devises now. it only works on my phone

• Hi @DarrenShaw,

Can you please tell us which version of 1Password for iOS you're using? You can check by looking at the app icon, and referencing this image: http://i.agilebits.com/cdj/iOS_Versions.png

Cheers!

• DarrenShaw
    DarrenShaw
    Community Member

4.5 on my iphone and ipad. I note that on my laptop I'm on 1password 4.

• LauraR
    edited May 2015

@DarrenShaw - Could you email us at support+forum@agilebits.com and we can help you over email. In that email can you include a link back to this discussion. Thanks!

ref: KDS-27635-789

This discussion has been closed.