Ebay PayPal link

Rassell
Rassell
Community Member

I can access Ebay via one password but can't buy anything because the PayPal link doesn't open PayPal. Any suggestions why this might be? it all works in Safari.

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Rassell,

It's been quite some time since I've used eBay. I assume the issue is you tell the eBay you wish to pay using PayPal and then what happens? are you being redirected to PayPal or is it a small frame on the eBay page asking for your PayPal details?

Does your Login item work normally if you're just visiting their site rather than via eBay?

It may be I'm misunderstanding something as well. If you could describe the actions that lead up to things breaking down it may help. For example upon re-reading I'm now wondering if you mean you're having troubles in 1Browser. Once we know we understand we can work on figuring this out :smile:

• Rassell
    Rassell
    Community Member

I tell eBay I want to pay by PayPal by hitting the button in the PayPal box but it doesn't load the PayPal page and the "hit this if it doesn't work" button doesn't work either, oh and yes it's in 1Browser, sorry

• Thanks for letting us know, @Rassell. Next time I buy something from eBay I'll try to reproduce this, and will ask my fellow team members to do the same. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Rassell: Hey, I just wanted to chime in here because, as a big eBay shopper (shh don't tell my wife!), this issue is near and dear to my heart...

..but frankly I haven't encountered problems with 1Password, eBay, and PayPal. I make purchases on my Mac, on my iPad, and (most frequently) on my iPhone, using 1Browser in the 1Password app since it's what I have handy when I get a notification for a great deal!

This makes me wonder if you're using a different website than I am. I am exclusively making purchases through the US eBay mobile site when I'm on my iPhone, so if you're using eBay in another country, on a different device, or something else that would account for the discrepancy in your experience.

If you can provide screenshots and URLs, I'll be happy to test this myself to try to reproduce the issue, offer workarounds or solutions, or suggest ways we can improve 1Password going forward. Thanks in advance! :)

• Rassell
    Rassell
    Community Member
    edited May 2015

Hi Brenty,
    I use EbayUK, tried to attach screenshots, no sure whats up loaded though, can you see them?

[Edited to remove personal information - @brenty]

Rass.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Rassell: Thanks for confirming that! I suspected there might be a difference between us there. I removed the screenshots since they appeared to contain your home address though. :+1:

..and I've got it! (Un)fortunately 1Browser blocks popup windows within 1Password, so the PayPal login page fails to open. You can, however, open the site in Safari instead,

and it will allow the popup so you can use the 1Password extension to fill in your login information. I hope this helps! :)

• Rassell
    Rassell
    Community Member

Nice one, I'll give it a go, cheers

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015

That should do the trick, but be sure to reach out if you have any other questions. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.