I cannot unlock 1Password on my PC but it works on my iOS device

empire
empire
Community Member
edited July 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

It works on my iphone but I cannot access on my desktop with the same password

Comments

• @empire - it sounds like you might be trying to access the wrong 1Password vault. From 1Password on your Windows PC, click on File> Open 1Password Vault and make sure you are selecting the correct vault. Please let us know if this helps. Thanks!

• empire
    empire
    Community Member

I have three password vaults and none of them are taking the password I use to unlock my ipnone app. Do I need to re-set my windows password or do you think I may I have used a different password for my desktop computer. If I did I don't know what it was.

• Are you syncing the vaults between your PC and your iPhone? If so, they should have the same master passwords.
    Could you please send us an email to support+windows@agilebits.com? We'll need more information about the issue.

• empire
    empire
    Community Member

Just sent email Alex

• LauraR
    edited May 2015

@empire - Thanks, we have received your email and we will reply shortly.

ref: APG-58477-272

• empire
    empire
    Community Member

Any news Laura?

• MikeT
    edited June 2015

Hi @empire,

We've sent you an email but you didn't reply. Please check for the email from us at support@agilebits.com, it should be coming from Alex asking about your vaults.

If you don't see it, please check your spam folder.

• empire
    empire
    Community Member
    edited June 2015

Sorry Mike, did not get your email, can you send to [...]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@empire: Indeed, that's the address Alex replied to, back on May 29th (I've removed it from your post). I'll resend the message and hope that you are able to receive it this time. Be sure to check your spam filters. Cheers! :)

ref: APG-58477-272

• @empire - I have emailed you some steps but I am going to repeat them here just in case you are not receiving our emails. I see you are using WiFi to sync between your iPhone and Windows PC and you say that your 1Password data on your iPhone is good. So here are the steps -

If your 1Password data is good on your iPhone I would create a new vault on your Windows PC so you can start over there. First can you create a backup from 1Password on your iPhone as per this guide -

https://support.1password.com/ios-itunes-backups/

Then create a new 1Password vault on your Windows PC -

Run 1Password on your Windows PC but don't unlock your vault.
    From the lock screen, select File > New 1Password Vault.
    You will be asked to give this new vault a name. Let's call it 1PasswordJun302015.
    Use the same password as you are using to unlock the vault on your iPhone.
    Then unlock this new vault. It will be blank.

WiFi sync with 1Password on your iPhone.

This discussion has been closed.