Is it possible to find back my Firefox data?

Options

I used version 1.0.9.340 on Firefox on Win7 for a long time, until today I updated Firefox and found the extension disappeared. Then I opened the main 1Password program which hasn't been opened for years. I also checked the backup folder and found the latest backup was one year ago. Where can I find the data that my Firefox extension connect before? Please help.

Comments

• hzzming
    hzzming
    Community Member
    Options

I mean, for a user who hasn't opened the 1P version1.0 main application for years and only use the firefox extension 3.9.20, where can I find the latest logins? I checked the backup fold, but the latest was one year ago.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Where can I find the data that my Firefox extension connect before?

@hzzming My advice is to re-install the old Firefox extension here.

• hzzming
    hzzming
    Community Member
    Options

Are all logins stored in OnePassword.sqlite file? I found this file, now my problem is how can I import it to my Firefox extension or import it to the main 1P?

• hzzming
    hzzming
    Community Member
    Options

FYI, I just upgraded to version 4, does it make things more complex?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Are all logins stored in OnePassword.sqlite file?

Yes.

now my problem is how can I import it to my Firefox extension

If you re-install the old extension, then it should read OnePassword.sqlite and you should have your data back.

or import it to the main 1P?

I'm afraid you cannot import OnePassword.sqlite into the main application. We need to get the old extension up-and-running, and then kick the 1Password agent/helper back into gear. The latter should then synchronize your data from the old extension to the main application.

I just upgraded to version 4, does it make things more complex?

Version 4 comes with a new extension. This new extension is not going to help you get your data back. Please re-install the old extension. As soon as we have secured your data, we can then move you to version 4.

• hzzming
    hzzming
    Community Member
    Options

I reinstalled the old extension on Firefox, but it still has not the complete logins. Does that mean I have no chance to restore it? I guess there is a possibility that the Firefox extension connected the main 1P and overwrite the OnePassword.sqlite file with the backup one year ago?

• Just to clarify: did you uninstall the old extension in Firefox? If you did so, then the old OnePassword.sqlite file might've been deleted.
    If you have backups of this old file, we might be able to restore the information.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@AlexHoffmann Did the OP sync to Dropbox? There's no mention of that in his message. There are some things that I have previously done which was to open a Dropbox account for 1Password Sync but I haven't looked at some of those AgileKeychains for a few years.

• The way I understand the issue, @hzzming has used the Firefox extension for a long time without opening the main app. The two database were out of sync for a long time and now the database of the Firefox extension is possibly gone.

• hzzming
    hzzming
    Community Member
    Options

Yes AH, your understanding is right. I used FF 3.9 extension and didn't open the main v1 app for more than one year. The last backup file was one year ago and after I upgrade my FF yesterday, the FF extension was gone, I reinstall it and opened the main v1 app, I believe the backup file overwrite the sqlite file, there is no chance to find the data back. Anyway, thanks.

• Do you have a backup copy of your PC's data somewhere? There might be a way to restore an older OnePassword.sqlite file and try to get it to sync with the main database again.

I'm curious, though: How did the old extension get deleted? This doesn't usually happen when upgrading Firefox.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

did you uninstall the old extension in Firefox? If you did so, then the old OnePassword.sqlite file might've been deleted.

@AlexHoffmann Not necessarily. This is where Firefox differs from the others. Chrome and Safari will delete OnePassword.sqlite. Firefox does not. This is why I was hoping re-installing the old extension would address @hzzming's problem.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@svondutch Should it be in Users/Username/Appdata/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox?

I've tried looking but I cannot locate the SQLite file on my PC

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015
    Options

@wkleem It should be here:

C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\OnePassword.sqlite

Please note you have it if you're running version 3 of the extension only. Our current (version 4) browser extension does not have OnePassword.sqlite

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

I am running1Password 4.5 now. I stopped using 1Password overview 3 over 1 year ago.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

There's shouldn't be "overview" in there!

• This is where Firefox differs from the others. Chrome and Safari will delete OnePassword.sqlite. Firefox does not.

@svondutch Hence the "might". But yeah, I was hoping that this would help fix the issue, too.

@wkleem Can you be a bit more specific please?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

@AlexHoffmann. I apologise for any confusion. I was running 1Password 1 for some time. I beta tested 1Password 4 while keeping 1Password alongside 1Password 4 Betas.

I finally removed 1Password 1.09 months back which confused me. I thought the SQLite was part of 1Password 4. I now know that isn't the case

• AlexHoffmann
    edited May 2015
    Options

@wkleem Not a problem :)

The possibility of the two databases being out of sync was one of the reasons why we left that model behind.

• hzzming
    hzzming
    Community Member
    Options

Another problem, I just installed version 4 on my windows 7, and restored the vault. But the head of the main 1P shows: 1Password - 1Password 3. When I open the main 1P and check About 1Password, it shows I am using version 4.5.0.572. Why it still shows 1Password 3? Is it the vault was created by version 3? How can I fix it?

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Why it still shows 1Password 3?

Your vault is probably named 1Password 3.agilekeychain

How can I fix it?

There is no immediate need to fix this, but if you want then you can go into Windows Explorer and rename your vault.

This discussion has been closed.