Better implementation of filling in browsers [Use shortcut, Control + \]

Options
burn123
burn123
Community Member
edited May 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello! I have just started using 1password a few days ago, and it is pretty great! I do have some suggestions though. This might have been suggested already, but oh well.

I am a newcomer from Lastpass, and I really liked how they presented their filling in of login information in browsers. At the end of the text boxes for username and password, it would display the Lastpass icon.

If you weren't logged in, clicking on the icon would display the Lastpass login form

Once logged in, clicking the icon would display the list of passwords it has stored for that domain. I think that this would be a better implementation of logging in as opposed to having to right click every time. They would do a similar function for form filling.

Also, it would be nice to have a consolidated form fill profile that would have all information in it, including driver's license, credit card, etc. You could prompt for a password reentry if the form fill profile is desired to be used, adding security to the profile

Just my thoughts.

Comments

• Hi @burn123,

Thanks for sending in your feedback, we really appreciate it!

With 1Password you don't have to right-click. When you're on a website that you have one or more logins saved for, you can simply click the 1Password extension icon in your browser of choice. Once you've unlocked your vault, all available logins for the current site will be shown.
    Simply click the one you need and 1Password will fill the information.

An even faster and more convenient way to fill logins on sites, is the keyboard shortcut. On most English keyboards this will be CTRL+\ (you can check and change it in 1Password's preferences on the 'Logins' tab).
    Now all you have to do when you want to fill a login form, is to press that shortcut and the data will be filled instantly (if the vault is already unlocked). If there's more than one login saved for said site, you will see a small window where you can select the right login with your keyboard's arrow keys or the mouse.

As for the consolidated profile, we're keeping these separate in 1Password because in many cases this information is not required on the same page and we don't want to transfer more information than absolutely necessary.

How does that sound?

Oh and if you have more feedback, keep it coming :)

• burn123
    burn123
    Community Member
    Options

I would like the ability to restrict the password of the credit card and other form fills to have to be reentered at a specified interval. It would increase security

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@burn123: Thanks for the suggestion! 1Password actually respects your auto-lock settings and doesn't discriminate against certain kinds of data -- all your information in 1Password is respected and secured equally, rather than giving a lower security level to some items.

After all, encrypted is encrypted. 1Password only decrypts your data as needed, rather than decrypting your entire vault wholesale. And you can set it up the way you want in 1Password File > Preferences > Security. I hope this helps! :)

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I think that this would be a better implementation of logging in as opposed to having to right click every time.

@burn123 You shouldn't have to right-click every time. You can click on the 1Password button in toolbar of your web browser. Or press Ctrl+\

This discussion has been closed.