Auto-type does not work in Adobe's Acrobat Reader DC [Confirmed, will investigate for a workaround]

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Better implementation of filling in browsers [Use shortcut, Control + \].

Comments

• burn123
    burn123
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know about other people, but for certain websites the Ctrl+\ doesn't work, and I have to manually copy in the password for it to be correctly filled in. It also doesn't fill in desktop apps consistently, even though I added it as an app to a login. Right now having trouble with Adobe

• burn123
    burn123
    Community Member
    Options

Ok I figured it out for the browser, because somehow the Enable Multiple Urls checkbox got unchecked, but I'm still having problems with desktop apps

• MikeT
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi @burn123,

You said Adobe, which Adobe product?

The Auto-Type feature has some restrictions, it does not work in Modern-style apps and it does not work well in Adobe Air-based programs, they have a weird way to present their UI that doesn't fit the way we type in your data. We do try to work around it with a different method but it doesn't always work.

If you can tell us which Adobe product, we can try to see if we can manually work around the issue.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @burn123,

I've split your posts out from the original thread into a separate thread here, so we can focus on your specific issue.

• burn123
    burn123
    Community Member
    Options

The Adobe app I'm using is Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @burn123,

Is Acrobat Reader DC the only app you're having issues with?

Can you also explain more on what is happening when you ask 1Password to fill into Acrobat, nothing is filled in or it did fill but the username is missing some characters?

What about this method, does it fill in properly:

1. Focus the username field in Acrobat,
    2. Switch to 1Password, press the Auto-type button next to the username, and select Acrobat in the dropdown

Does that fill in the username? If yes, repeat for the password, does that work as well?

• burn123
    burn123
    Community Member
    Options

It simply doesn't fill anything in

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @burn123,

Thanks. I've installed it and was able to confirm that issue. I'll let our team know and we'll see if we can work around it.

Unfortunately, for now as you mentioned, copy and paste is the only way for you to enter the data in Acrobat.

This discussion has been closed.