IE 11 hangs when trying to open new Logins

Options
joeandmeagan
joeandmeagan
Community Member
edited May 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

IE 11 constantly freezes when I am using 1password to log into websites with auto fill. The only way to get out of the frozen window is to use ctl+alt+delete and close the page. I probably have to do this 10 times per day. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• MikeT
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi @joeandmeagan,

Please try this and see if it will work better:

1. Open IE, click on the 1Password button, and go to Settings > Open Logins in and switch it to Current Tab:
    2. Restart IE and see if IE is responsive now
  • joeandmeagan
    joeandmeagan
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you for your response. This is already how 1password is set up on my computers.

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @joeandmeagan,

Can you tell me how are you triggering 1Password to fill in; is it opening sites from the extension/program or are you going to the site manually in the browser before invoking 1Password to fill?

• joeandmeagan
    joeandmeagan
    Community Member
    Options

I open IE and use the 1password icon on the tool bar. The logins I have problems with are the ones I have set to automatically login. I choose the site I want to login to and it will go through the entire login process and then the page freezes on the first page of the website. This isn't specific to one webpage.

• MikeT
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi @joeandmeagan,

Can you open IE, enter the site address manually and then press the 1Password button to select the Login that shows up at the very top to fill. Does it still freeze?

This discussion has been closed.