Update Failure - can't access 1p in browser

Options
Krissymo
Krissymo
Community Member

Hi there,
I updated the software but the update did not work and now I can't access my passwords in the browser. I attempted to reinstall but now I'm unable to install as it say that it doesn't work with my version of OSX (Yosemite 10.10.2). Not sure what I can do here, please advise.

Thanks,
Kristine

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Krissymo,

I'm sorry you're having problems with the 1Password extension and main app!

Thank you for the screenshot, it's very helpful. It looks like you have two versions of 1Password installed: version 3 and version 5 (they're separate apps, so that's not a problem, but may cause some confusion). 1Password 3 is the window taking up most of the screenshot (including the window about the update for 3.8.22). The error message on the left side refers to 1Password 5, so I'm assuming you also downloaded that version.

I'm not sure why you're getting an error when trying to install the 3.8.22 update, but you can download that directly from the "Legacy" section at the bottom of our download site. However, assuming you'd like to use version 5 instead, it's probably not necessary to download the latest update for version 3 (but you can certainly do that if you'd like).

The error you're getting when trying to open 1Password 5 is very odd, because version 5 requires Yosemite, so it should have no problem on OS X 10.10.2. The latest Yosemite update is 10.10.3, so you might want to try updating that from the Mac App Store first, and then see if that makes a difference for 1Password 5. If you install 10.10.3 but still get that error when try to open 1Password 5, please try these steps:

• Go to the Applications folder and drag 1Password 5.app to the Trash (do not use any app cleaning tools).
    • Empty the Trash, then reboot your Mac.
    • After the reboot, download a fresh copy of 1Password 5 from our download site.
    • Once downloaded, unzip the file if necessary and drag it to the Applications folder.
    • Double-click the new app to open it.

Does it work now, or do you still get the same error? Please let me know how it works out for you. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.