"Folder Opened" voice comes on when automatic filling turned on on Android

spamgirl
spamgirl
Community Member

When I turn on automatic filling in Android 4.1.2 a voice is also turned on that says "Folder Opened" and "Folder Closed". Talkback is off, but the automatic filling option is in the same area of Accessibility as Talkback, so I'm thinking it's somehow related.

Comments

• Hi @spamgirl. Thanks for joining us in the forums. :)

This is a strange one. I've got a Galaxy S2 with Jellybean, and when I swipe between pages the voice says, "Page one of..." and so forth. Which I originally thought might be the reason you're getting the "folder opened" dialogue. So far, I was unable to replicate that exact issue.

However, you mentioned that Talkback is off--is this in your Accessibility settings or in your Application Manager? I'd like you to confirm that Talkback is not running in your Application Manager.

Let me know what you find out!

• spamgirl
    spamgirl
    Community Member

I just turned on automatic filling and the "page two of seven" voice came on. I checked in Application Manager and Talkback is not running. I turned automatic filling back off and the voice is gone.

• In your Application Manager, do you see Google Text-to-speech or Samsung TTS running? If so, does disabling that get rid of the voice?

This discussion has been closed.