Changing purchase store

Options
magluca
magluca
Community Member

Greetings,
I did this stupid mistake to buy my license from your website store, and now that I want to sync with iCloud across my Macs, im screwed.. I dont and do not want to use Dropbox. Is there any way that i can somehow get the App Store version instead without having to buy the product again?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

If you bought the AgileBits store version within the past 30 days AgileBits will issue a refund to enable you to buy the Mac App Store version. If you did buy within that period just confirm in this thread and someone from AgileBits will pick it up and arrange the refund.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @magluca,

I'm sorry for any confusion about that! I was able to find your purchase in our system, and it looks like you just bought the web store license a few days ago. Therefore we can certainly issue a refund so you can purchase the Mac App Store version instead. I don't want to make any assumptions, so if you would like us to refund your purchase, please reply here to let us know. Thanks!

ref: 847997

• magluca
    magluca
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Drew_AG
    Thanks for the reply. I assume that its not possible to get the educational price on Mac App Store?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @magluca,

That's correct. Any discounts we offer from our own store are because we have total control here and can do as we please. We can offer bundle prices, educational discounts etc. In Apple's Mac App Store we are limited to what features they have available. We can set a sale price (which I believe we have at the moment) but basically one price for all as that's the limit of what Apple offers. The same goes for potential paid upgrades. In the past we've offered a nice discount for existing AgileBits Store customers (v3 to v4/5) because we can - this isn't available to Mac App Store customers as Apple don't have such a feature in place.

If you have more questions please do ask and we'll do our best to answer them. If you've made your mind up and want to run the Mac App Store version I'd probably recommend purchasing now to grab the sale price and let us know in parallel that you would like a refund. I only suggest that as I don't know how long the sale is running for and you may as well get the discounted price. You don't have to worry about the refund as you have most of your refund window still to go so that will happen as soon as you ask us to proceed.

• magluca
    magluca
    Community Member
    Options

@littlebobbytables thanks so much for a very detailed answer. Please proceed with the refund and I will buy a license from Mac App Store. Thanks.

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @magluca,

As requested, I've refunded your purchase of 1Password for Mac from the AgileBits Store. You're now free to snag that license from the Mac App Store - sale is still on for a limited time, don't miss out! :)

• magluca
    magluca
    Community Member
    Options

@Megan thanks :)

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @magluca,

Happy to help, have a wonderful day! :)

This discussion has been closed.