Password History in Duplicated Logins? :-(

I wish there were a way to get rid of it
I love the Command-D feature in 1P/Mac.

But it's almost useless for login items because the copy carries the password history of the source, and even if the source login doesn't have a history the copied login item will forever be branded with the password of its source.

If there's a way to purge the password history, I haven't found it yet. Even if AWS considers indelible password history to be a feature, not a bug, there ought to be a way to start with a blank slate when a new login is created using Edit > Duplicate. Maybe a user preference. Maybe Command-Shift-D to create a duplicate with a blank password and no history.

Comments

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    benfdc wrote:

I love the Command-D feature in 1P/Mac.

But it's almost useless for login items because the copy carries the password history of the source, and even if the source login doesn't have a history the copied login item will forever be branded with the password of its source.

Exactly! And manually duplicating items to leave their pw history behind can be tedious, especially since 1P doesn't support viewing/editing multiple items simultaneously.

Vaguely like if Send Again in Mail disallowed modification of certain content in the duplicate it creates.

If there's a way to purge the password history, I haven't found it yet.

AFAIK there's no direct/easy method of doing it.

Even if AWS considers indelible password history to be a feature, not a bug, there ought to be a way to start with a blank slate when a new login is created using Edit > Duplicate. […] Maybe Command-Shift-D to create a duplicate with a blank password and no history.

I'd be satisfied with that.

Coincidentally, btw, if I hadn't been so tired I'd have posted about this last night (since it's been increasingly annoying lately) so I appreciate you doing it for me. :)
This discussion has been closed.