Two versions of 1Password installed [Normal, feel free to uninstall 1.x version if 4.x is working]

Options
Gator5000e
Gator5000e
Community Member
edited May 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Running a W7 computer. My Programs and Features screen under Control Panel lists 1Password versions 1.0.9.342 and version 4. Obviously I am using v4 but am afraid to uninstall the version 1.0.9** via the Programs & Features option in Control Panel. Is it safe to uninstall this version? I also run 1Passord for iOS 8.

I searched but didn't find anything that makes me feel comfortable removing v1 without asking first.

Thanks.

1Password Version: v4.5.0.572
Extension Version: ??
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    edited May 2015
    Options

Hi @Gator5000e,

It is absolutely fine to uninstall 1Password 1.x for Windows, it won't affect your 1Password data nor 1Password 4 program.

We intentionally do not remove 1Password 1.x when you install 1Password 4, just in case something goes wrong and you can revert back to 1Password 1.x. Since you're not mentioning any issues with 1Password 4, go ahead and remove the previous version.

• Gator5000e
    Gator5000e
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Mike. Have a great weekend!!

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome and you have a great weekend as well.

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015
    Options

@Gator5000e The 4.x version is designed to peacefully co-exist with the old version. That is why we do not un-install the old version for you automatically.

Is it safe to uninstall this version?

Yes. That being said, you might want to re-start the 1Password Helper after doing so: File > Help > Restart 1Password Helper

This discussion has been closed.