Domain Error 7014

Options
mathewsmg
mathewsmg
Community Member

Agile Bits,

Several times in the recent past I’ve opened 1Password on my iPad only to encounter the following message displayed in the center of the screen: "The operation couldn’t be completed. (com.agilebits.onepassword.ErrorDomain error 7014.) Please open 1Password on your Mac”. This is displayed against the “Categories” backdrop. I can dismiss this message and continue using 1Password for iPad without incident so it seems to be of no particular functional consequence. HOWEVER, I should note that based on limited observation, the message does NOT appear if 1Password for Mac and 1Password for iPad/iPhone are currently sync’ed (all data is up to date on all devices). Is my observation correct or is there another issue lurking here?

All of my software, both Mac & iPad, is up to date. My desktop computer is a one year old Mac Pro and my iPad is less than a year old.

In closing, I should note that 1Password is a simply superb app; one of the very, very best. Thank you for your earliest response.

Monty Mathews

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I know you said:

All of my software, both Mac & iPad, is up to date.

but it's still really helpful for you to confirm the exact details of what you're running. Please tell us:

• Your 1Password version number (go to 1P > About 1Password and tell us exactly what it says there)
    • Your 1Password for iOS version number (go to the 1P Settings screen and look towards the bottom for the version number)
    • What sync method you use to sync your 1P data (Dropbox, iCloud or wifi)

Stephen

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mathewsmg,

Would you by any chance be syncing using our Wi-Fi Sync? and have you tried rebooting all of your devices and Macs recently at all?

If you haven't a sweep of reboots across the board may not do any harm. We do have a couple of error messages if 1Password for iOS is having a tough time connecting to the Mac version and they can be related to Bonjour. So if after a reboot you don't see the message again for a while it might indicate it's Bonjour related.

DO keep us informed though as well as the answers to Stephen_C's questions as sometimes somebody isn't as up to date as they thought they were (for a host of reasons).

• mathewsmg
    mathewsmg
    Community Member
    Options

I'm running 1Password for iPad/iPhone v 5.4.1 and 1Password for Mac v5.3.1. My computer runs Mac OS X 10.10.3 while my mobile devices run iOS 8.3. Just moments ago, I re-booted all my devices, sync'ed my computer with my iPad & iPhone and then rebooted all my devices again. I opened 1Password on my iPhone and immediately up popped the identical ErrorDomain error 7014 message. Same results on my iPad just now. I'm sync'ing via WiFi and not Bonjour -- the syncs are successful but this error message is simply baffling.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I'm sync'ing via WiFi and not Bonjour

Just for information wifi sync uses the Bonjour service for discovery (see this AgileBits post) and that's why littlebobbytables referred to it.

You might try rebooting your router and see if that gets rid of the error. In any event, once wifi sync does work there's no reason specifically to reboot your devices immediately after that successful sync. I'm wondering if the fact the error returned when you did so does in fact point to a flakey Bonjour service.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2015
    Options

I opened 1Password on my iPhone and immediately up popped the identical ErrorDomain error 7014 message. Same results on my iPad just now. I'm sync'ing via WiFi and not Bonjour -- the syncs are successful but this error message is simply baffling.

@mathewsmg: Stephen_C is correct. 1Password Wi-Fi Sync uses Bonjour, Apple's zeroconfig implementation, for network discovery. This is how your devices 'find' each other without you having to look up and enter IP addresses each time. ;)

The other advice (to reboot the router as well) is often a necessary step, as there are some issues with OS X and iOS which result in bad data being cached, which can cause all sorts of network issues. Definitely do this first.

However, it is possible that you're also being affected by an issue with the sync state in 1Password itself becoming corrupt. We actually have a fix for this in approval right now, so it should be available shortly. In the mean time, so long as your data is syncing correctly, I'll just apologize for the annoying error and ask that you bear with us while waiting for the next update.

In summary, regardless of whether it's the 1Password issue I mentioned or a networking problem, I'm sorry for the inconvenience. If you're in a hurry to get this resolved and all of your 1Password data is on the Mac, you can actually delete and reinstall 1Password for iOS to start you off with a clean slate, and then sync all your data back from the Mac. That will clear up any problem sync state information if that is the cause.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let us know how it turns out! :)

This discussion has been closed.