Newbie help - logon will not save

Options

My first attempt to replace an existing password is a failure. I am using FFox 38.0.1 on a Windows 7 PC. I followed the directions to enter my usual userid/pwd, then allow 1P to create a new login. Upon returning to the site it continues to ask for my password. I deleted the site entry from 1P, tried following the directions to save a login manually, which say NOT to submit from the website, and then includes the following:
4.Choose Settings > Save new Login.
I cannot find Settings in any 1P menu. What am I not understanding?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @singfasola,

Upon returning to the site it continues to ask for my password.

Did you ask 1Password to fill? One of the common things that new users get stuck at is that they believe 1Password would automatically fill in without any intervention, this is not true. You have to ask 1Password to fill in the data for you and there are a few ways to do this:

1. Pressing the shortcut, Control + \. This is preferred because if you only have one Login item for the site, 1Password would simply fill and submit automatically for you without prompting for which Login item to fill.
    2. Pressing the 1Password icon in your browser to select the Login item to fill

I'd suggest skimming through our user guide on this here: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/using-saved-logins

Choose Settings > Save new Login.

Click on the 1Password button in your browser and on the bottom of the menu, there's the Settings submenu you can hover over to get the Save New login option. Here's the screenshot of what it looks like:

This discussion has been closed.