Sharing a login on Android

Dumbledore
Dumbledore
Community Member

Hello. I've been using 1password for quite some time now, but this is a slight inconvenience I've just ran into when I needed to share a login from a mobile device to another mobile device (or even from a computer to a mobile device). I thought that my app would recognise an onepassword:// link from an email and that it would import it, but, alas, it wasn't meant to be. Is sharing between mobile devices (or even just to mobile devices) a thing you plan on adding or not really?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Dumbledore! Welcome to the forums, and may I say that is a great handle. :lol:

Currently, there is no support for sharing items using 1Password 4 for Android. However, we have received requests for this, and we have an open issue regarding support for sharing.

I'll go ahead and add your vote for support for sharing. Let us know if you have any other questions!

• hoomic
    hoomic
    Community Member

Hi peri... where can I add my vote the sharing features of iOS would be great on Android....

• Hey @hoomic. You can add your vote here! Thanks :+1:

• tresni
    tresni
    Community Member

:+1: from me too. Just tried to share a credential with my son (I'm iOS, he's Android) and had to send to him in plain text :-(

• Thanks for the :+1: @tresni. Sorry to hear you had to use plain text to share credentials. :( Hope we see this feature soon on Android!

This discussion has been closed.