Can no longer share passwords via iMessage? (used to work)

Options
felciano
felciano
Community Member

Hi -

For some reason I don't appear to be able to share 1P entries via Messages any more. When I click the little share icon and choose "Messages", nothing happens. If I choose "Mail", the draft email message shows up, and Print works as expected as well, so I think this is somehow a broken connection between the 1Password app and the Messages app. Is there a way to debug this or somehow reset the connection?

Thanks,

Ramon

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.10.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @felciano,

That's strange, it's working fine for me, and I'm not sure why it would be a problem for only one of the Share options. Can you confirm if other apps are able to share with Messages? For example, if you open the Contacts app, click the Share button for one of your contacts there, then choose "Message Card", does that work?

I'll see if I can find any reason why it might not work in 1Password, but please let us know if you have problems sharing with Messages from other apps on your Mac. Thanks!

• felciano
    felciano
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Drew_AG,

Thanks for the pointer. It looks like "Message Card" sharing from Contacts isn't working either, so the culprit might be the Messages app. Any clue how debug this further?

Ramon

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @felciano,

It definitely sounds like a problem with Messages on your Mac. Are you able to use the Messages app in general? If Messages isn't working (or isn't set up) that would probably cause a problem like that.

I don't know too much about troubleshooting the Messages app unfortunately, but perhaps this helps?

This discussion has been closed.