1password helper unexpectedly quits every time I restart my mac

patmbolger
patmbolger
Community Member

Evert time I restart my Mac I get the error message shown in the attachment. I click "Cancel" and everything then proceeds as normal. Please advise.
(Macbook Pro, 2013, 1password 5.3.1)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @patmbolger,

The first thing worth trying here would be to trash this particular copy of 1Password and see if it still occurs with a fresh download.

1. Quit both 1Password and 1Password mini. You can do this with the keyboard shortcut ⌃⌘Q when 1Password is open (it doesn't have to be unlocked).
    2. Drag the 1Password application from your /Applications/ folder to the Trash. Please don't use an app cleaner.
    3. Reboot your Mac.
    4. Download 1Password again from the same place you purchased it. So via Apple's App Store application if you're a MAS user and from our AgileBits Download page if you're an Agile Web Store (AWS) customer.

It might not help but for a first step it's worth trying just to see. Please do let us know and if need be we'll brainstorm some more ideas :smile:

• patmbolger
    patmbolger
    Community Member

Hello - I tried reinstalling per above and got the same behavior when I started 1password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@patmbolger: Ouch! I'm sorry to hear you're still having trouble. The best thing to do would be to use the 1Password Troubleshooting tool to generate a diagnostic report and send it to support+forums at AgileBits dot com so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening. Just be sure to include a link to this forum thread and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

This discussion has been closed.