Two versions of 1 Password on MacBook Pro Yosemite 10.10.3

Options
chetgolfer
chetgolfer
Community Member

I purchased 1Password from Mac App store in Dec. 2013. It is first ran on my mid 2009 MacBook Pro running Mavericks OsX and is still running on this Mac with updated OsX. Have always applied updates to both OSX and 1Password. Upgraded to Yosmite OsX in October 2014. Applied updates to 1Password as received including 1Password 5 when offered. Today another upgrade, offered and installed. After installation discovered I have two 1Password applications in my Applications folder - 1Password Version 5.3 (530029) and 1Password 5 Version 5.3.1 (531001) each with a slightly different vault of values. Both can be opened with the same password that was created when 1Password was purchased and installed in my Mac from Apple Apps store in Dec. 2013. What should I do?

1Password Version: 530029 and 531001
Extension Version: 4.3.1
OS Version: Yosemite 10.10.3
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

I suspect you have both a 1Password 5 app and a 1Password app. The former is the AgileBits store version and the latter is the Mac App Store version. Maybe you bought the Mac App Store version but then used a beta version from AgileBits. The first thing to do is to work out which version has your most up to date data:

1. Open one of the versions, confirm the version number (by going to 1P > About 1Password), check the data then quit 1P by using the ⌃⌘Q combination (which quits both 1P and 1P mini).
    2. Repeat the procedure for the other version (again quitting by using the ⌃⌘Q key combination).

You should then know which version you wish to keep. (Before you proceed bear in mind that only the Mac App Store version is able to sync 1P data using iCloud so if you need iCloud sync you'll want to keep that version in any event). You can then drag to the trash the app file for the version you don't wish to keep. Don't under any circumstances use any app cleaning tool when you do that—because it will try to delete files you need to retain.

Please post again if you have any more questions.

Stephen

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @chetgolfer ,

Please let me know if you have any questions after reading Stephen's post, those instructions should get you all sorted out. :)

• chetgolfer
    chetgolfer
    Community Member
    Options

The instructions in Stephen's post solved the problem.

• littlebobbytables
    Options

That's great to hear @chetgolfer, hopefully things run smoothly now but should you ever have any other questions you know where to find us (and maybe we'll beat Stephen to your post :tongue:).

This discussion has been closed.